cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios update 1402 no substantial fixes

Zardoc
Level 10
I just installed the bios update for my ROG Strix Z590-A Gaming WiFi 6.

I don’t see any performance gain nor did I see one with 1301.

I have 2 nagging issues that have kept bothering me since I bought this board.

1) Boot is fast, but not always. If I install a USB camera (any USB Camera) boot will turn in circles for 15 to 20 seconds longer.
Sometimes, eventually after multiple reboots. Boots will shift back to its fast time, but it’s never the same and most often than not take long to boot.
If I remove everything from USB 2.0 slots, boot will always be fast and I even have all the 3.0 slots populated.
There must be a fix because like I said, sometimes eventually boot will be fast.

2) Why in heaven’s name doesn’t Intel fix their Ethernet drivers. Since I don’t know what Windows version, network will disconnect and reconnect on reboot or shutdown in most cases (That's normal)
Last I225 driver version (1.0.2.14) seemed to have fixed that (not quite, I mean you can disable message in advanced settings), but for a reason I can’t get my head around latest driver (2.1.1.7) brings back the same issue and you can't disable messages in advanced settings.

At least the latest driver gives us the choice of disabling connection loss messages that fill up the event viewer.

Is it possible to have a motherboard that doesn’t have nagging little issues for 3 years and eventually get fixed by the time you want to update the board?
28 REPLIES 28

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Zardoc and Nuckels,
May I know this period is the circle after post and before windows log in screen?
>boot will turn in circles for 15 to 20 seconds longer
Does it take 30 seconds from you pressing the power button to seeing windows log-in screen? or until see post logo or into windows desktop?
Thank you.

Zardoc
Level 10

After the post logo, I watch the circle spin for ages basicly.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Zardoc and Nuckels,
Thank you for your reply.
I'll share the information to our tech team.

Boot time on 1402 with fast boot disabled is slower in general. Not a big deal it's only minor.

Zardoc
Level 10
Oh, btw, boot will always take way longer in safe mode. Go figure, less drivers.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Nuckels,
After consulted our tech team, if your pc is booting longer after the post logo, it has entered OS part, so generally it is not related to the USB device.
Thank you.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Zardoc,
Our tech team have tested the devices at hand, but the booting time is different on each testing. Also, the booting time is longer sometimes without the USB camera.
Please try rebooting it for 10 times and to see if 15 seconds added to or before post logo.
If you have any concerns about the motherboard, please send the motherboard to our RMA for further examination.
Thank you.

Zardoc
Level 10
Why am I not surprised. You want to give me another board that will do the same thing.

Forget it. What a waste of my time. Worst support ever