B550-F Gaming - Ram 3200mhz Won't Post?

SlackROG
Level 10
Hello,

Sytstem Specs:

Windows 11
B550-F Gaming - Bios 2803
Corsair RM 750x
Corsair Vengance LPX 3200mhz C16 CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 (2x8gb)
EVGA 3080 FTW Ultra

I looked online Asus's website for the ram compatibility, it lists my ram supported, and I also called Asus and was told the ram is supported

When I put the DOCP on Profile 1 and then press F10 to save and exit the bios, the EVGA RGB lighting flashes on and off three times, and the screen goes blank, the pc doesn't boot. If I do CTRL ALT DEL, I then see the America Megatrends bios, saying it's booted into safe mode, as a possible instability issue, and it mentions to press F1 to go into the bios setup. If I then do CTRL ALT DEL, the computer then boots into Windows just fine.

If I restart the computer again, it restarts fine, it only acts up the first time I use the DCOP Profile, aftterwards it seems ok.

BUT the bios shows the ram still running at 2133mhz.

If I go back into the bios and press F5 to put it back to default and exit, the computer boots just fine, I have tested this several times, on default settings there isn't any issue. But everytime I put it on DCOP it hangs when I exit, but If I go back into the bios and put the clock frequency on 3000mhz and exit the bios the computer now restarts ok, and the bios also shows the ram running at 3000mhz.

I've read others saying there can be bios issues like this when using DCOP/XMP, but I thought I should be able to get my ram running at 3200mhz.

SO, there seems to be a bios issue here, can someone please tell me if ASUS is aware of this, and if there's going to be a new bios update to reslove this issue?

I don't understand, as long as this board has been out, why I can't get the ram to run at 3200mhz, it should.

THANKS
4 REPLIES 4

RedSector73
Level 12
Make sure you put the RAM in the right slots, from the CPU slots 2 & 4.

RedSector73 wrote:
Make sure you put the RAM in the right slots, from the CPU slots 2 & 4.

I have them in 1 & 3.

I thought on this board for DDR, you use either 1 & 3 or 2 & 4?

Hmm

RedSector73
Level 12
That is the problem, change to what I said, and you have DDR DOCP working. Some other manufactures actually tell you this in the BIOS that you have incorrect slots selected, Asus are behind on this and only contain the information in the manual.

If you have any stability problems with the RAM running DOCP then you manually clock the SOC Voltage, for 2x8 @3200 (the values be less than) 0.9v with 1.00v to 1.05v at max to deal with this. SOC voltage shouldn't exceed 1.15v for daily use ~imo and you most likely won't need to play with this.

Slots 1&3 clone from 2&4 reported DOCP profile for 4xRAM. However, slots 1&3 don't run DOCP natively without slots 2&4 being populated, which is why you can't run DOCP.

Hope you find this helpful.

SlackROG
Level 10
I put them in 2 & 4 and it's working good now.

Thanks a lot! 🙂