cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenith II Extreme Alpha system clock always 7-8 hours behind

gustavyeung
Level 7
Hello all,

I just finished building my new PC with Asus Zenith II Extreme Alpha and with the new PC I encountered a new problem.

I find that if I shut down my PC long enough say, for over night, next time I boot up my machine the OS clock will be 7-8 hours behind, as if it returns to GMT time zone as I am located in East Asia. I have Windows 11 and POP!_OS installed and both OSes show the same problem so I believe the problem originates at the motherboard.

Is there a way "save" the time zone via UEFI? I don't believe it is CMOS battery problem because it is a new motherboard, and I have liquid cooling loop built around the motherboard so replacing the battery will be a disaster.

Thanks,

Gustav
3 REPLIES 3

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi gustavyeung,
Is the time in bios same as the OS clock also 7-8 hours behind?
Please refer to the following link to adjust the time in bios.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1043640/
Thank you.

Hi STARRAIN,

Yes. I first found out the system clocks of *both* OS were 7-8 hours behind. That's why I went to UEFI to check and found the hardware clock was already 7-8 hours behind.

I looked at the FAQ you suggested and thanks for that. I haven't tried it yet, but is there a similar procedure for Linux? The problem happens to both OSes I installed.

Regards,

Gustav

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi gustavyeung,
I'm sorry I'm not familiar with Linux OS, so I'm not sure if there is a similar setting for Linux.
The FAQ I provided is mainly for RTC settings. Please see the Q&A part for adjusting time in bios.
Thank you.