cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Z690 Maximus Formula USB 3.0 "reboot"

cryoplay
Level 7
Hi there.

As in the Title i have some Problems when i transfer large Datafiles over USB 3.

When i start the Transfer, after about 4 Seconds, the Complete USB "reboots".
I hear the Windows Sound the something dissconnects and Reconnects.

After That the transfer is real slow....

Also the ASUS Aura Lights shut off when USB "Reboots"....

Sys Specs

Asus Maximus Formula Z690 F. 2204 Custom Loop Cooled
Intel 13900k
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5
Samsung SSD 980
Asus Strix RTX 4090

I read an searched the Forums and tried to deactivate C-States, Powersavings, PCH Voltage but nothing helps.

Someone have an idea?
3 REPLIES 3

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, cryoplay and thank you for reching out.

Could you please help to confirm the question below?
- Have you tried using another USB port or another USB device to see if the problem persists?
- What are the sizes of the large data files you mentioned? Will there be a reboot problem only when transferring files?
- What is the current BIOS version, OS version, and OS build?

Thank you.

- Have you tried using another USB port or another USB device to see if the problem persists?

I tried different USB 3 Ports and Sticks and SSDs but the Problem persist, When i take the USB 2 Ports it works without "reboot"

- What are the sizes of the large data files you mentioned? Will there be a reboot problem only when transferring files?

The "reboot" only happens when i transfer Files over 4GB and then every Time

- What is the current BIOS version, OS version, and OS build?

Bios Version: 2204
Build: 22621.1194

I hope this helps.
regards
cryo

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, cryoplay.

May I ask if you are using an external hard drive? Could you please provide the brand and model name of it?
If the hard drive does not have an independent external power supply, the quality of the cable and the status of the power supply may affect the stability of the transmission.
Please also confirm whether the USB 3.0 interface card or external hard disk has been updated to the latest firmware or driver version.

Thank you.