OS: WINDOWS 11 updated
GPU/DRIVER: EVGA Geforce RTX 3080 FTW3 - Driver: 497.09
MOBO/BIOS: Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Hero - BIOS: 0803
CPU: Intel i9 12900K
RAM: 4X Kingston Fury Beast 16 GB DDR5 5200
Guys, I'd like some help here.
I don't know what is happening.
I bought 1 kit with two RAM and 2 separeted RAM from Kingston. All of them are Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 5200.
I named them:
- RAM 1 - 32
- RAM 2 - 32
- RAM 3 - 16
- RAM 4 - 16
(32 because the RAM is from the kit with 2 of them)
(16 because it came alone)
(1,2,3,4 just to differentiate them)
Because of the blue screens (BSOD), crashes on games and so on, I started to suspect that the RAM could be the issue.
Since memtest86 is built-in on my motherboard I used it to try to spot the stick with the problem.
The results are in this spreadsheet that I'm using to organize my tests:https://i.imgur.com/a2AYlBH.png
[CPU] A B C D
AI OC is the AI Overclock from Asus.
As you can see:
- Testing all of them together, but with XMP I off, I got 0 errors on memtest86
- Testing everyone individually, with XMP I on, I got 0 errors on memtest86
- Testing "RAM 1 - 32" and "RAM 2 - 32" together (both came from 1 kit) and testing ) and testing "RAM 3 - 16" and "RAM 4 - 16" together, with XMP I on, I also got 0 erros on memtest86
- But on the test #7, when I put 1 extra stick (48 GB total), the memtest86 already found 5 errors in 3 minutes. FAILED.
I have a friend that has the same CPU and the same motherboard but with Corsair Dominator Platinum 64 GB DDR 5 5200 and he is using XMP I on with 0 problems.
IMAGES FROM MEMTEST86:
Test #2 PASS - https://i.imgur.com/8xnX46K.png
Test #3 PASS - https://i.imgur.com/GqvTDKg.png
Test #4 PASS - https://i.imgur.com/4EqOhuN.png
Test #5 PASS - https://i.imgur.com/Bsh0HOH.png
Test #6 PASS - https://i.imgur.com/2kBwsIe.png
Test #7 FAIL - https://i.imgur.com/pTQniJf.png
Test #8 PASS - https://i.imgur.com/10ngFhD.png
Test #0 FAIL (It isn't on spreadcheat - I tested all of them with XMP II on) - https://i.imgur.com/47gj08y.png
What is happinng?
- Other members that are using this combination (Z690 Hero + Kingston Fury)... are they having similar issues?
- Is there a problem in combine RAM sold in Kits and sold individually?
- Is there a problem with XMP I and Z690 with RAM from kingston?
- Is there a problem with XMP I using 64 GB of RAM from kingston?