cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS TUF Gaming B650-Plus doesn't boot when I enable Memory Context Restore

BobertBuchanan
Level 7
I saw that other people are having issues with BSODs and unbootable PCs as well, but they resolved it by rolling back to 809 and 823. I tried all 3, and my PC is still not booting up. I was having this issue with TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL36 Memory, and I'm still having this issue with my new RAM. I’m using DOCP I for both. Well, I was getting BSODs before, but I'm not even getting those since I can't boot my PC at all. It's usually stuck on the CPU QLED, but it rarely gets stuck on the RAM QLED as well. I have to do a BIOS flashback to boot my PC again.

Is something wrong with both of the memory kits I bought, or is my mobo defective? It doesn't seem to be a BIOS issue since it works for everyone else except for the latest version. Where should I change EXPO and Memory Context Restore? Should I change it in the Ai Tweaker section or the Advanced -> CPU Overclocking section? I tried both, and they both don't work; is one better than the other though?
1 REPLY 1

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, BobertBuchanan.

Regarding the Q-LED indicator, please refer to the following link to troubleshoot the problem you might be having.
>> https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1042678/
Please help provide the complete model of the memory or go to the support page of TUF GAMING B650-PLUS
to confirm whether the memory you purchased is listed in the QVL list. It is recommended that you use the memory in the QVL list to ensure compatibility.
>> https://www.asus.com/motherboards-components/motherboards/tuf-gaming/tuf-gaming-b650-plus/helpdesk_q...

Also, please help with the following attempts:
1. Default BIOS setting (clean CMOS) to confirm whether you can boot into the system normally
2. When installing one memory module, insert it into the DIMM_A2 slot; when installing two memory modules, insert them into the DIMM_A2 and DIMM_B2 slots.
Please test whether the system can boot normally when installing one memory module and then repeat the test with two memory modules installed.
For more information about AI Overclock Tuner, please refer to page 17 of the BIOS Manual.

Thank you.