cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS support product damage accusations

Woomack
Level 7
This is not the first time I have a situation like this with ASUS support, but this time it's too much ... and what's more, I have no idea what to do with that.

Today I received info from the support that ASUS rejected my RMA because I damaged pins in the socket. Below is a photo of the "damaged socket" that I took before shipping the motherboard to RMA. I take photos of all ASUS products before RMA as I had similar problems in the past.

This is Strix Z690-I Gaming WIFI, so not cheap motherboard. RMA was because the motherboard is crashing in every stability test, RAM, CPU, FPU, mixed tests, anything randomly. If the socket is somehow damaged then it's not visible and the problem had to be in the product as I wasn't using it for longer.

Some months ago, I sent Crosshair VIII Impact to RMA because it wasn't stable with higher wattage CPUs. Support told me I damaged the PCB when there was a little scratch on the hidden part of the audio module's PCB (it's a M.2 type card). The module was never removed but support still made me pay for the repair. The scratch was 1mm long and the trace wasn't even damaged. Not to mention what CPU stability has to do with add-on audio module? It was 100% stable with 5700G but not with 5900X.

I will only add that I buy ASUS motherboards for hardware tests/reviews as my contacts don't include ASUS, so I can't get review samples of this brand. In short, I'm using ASUS and somehow promote this brand in various reviews and as a reward I lose my money. Sounds pretty stupid that I do that for longer years but I always thought that ASUS is the best brand for my needs. Recently I got 2 faulty ASUS Apex motherboards, 2 failed RMA and some more problems.
23 REPLIES 23

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Woomack,
I'll inform our local RMA center to look after it.
Thank you for your information.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Woomack,
I'll inform our local RMA center to look after it.
Thank you for your information.

Hi STARRAIN,

I've just received info from the store that ASUS decided to replace the motherboard and the store will send a new one today.
Thanks for your help. I will probably confirm everything when I receive the motherboard.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Woomack,
Hope everything is going well.

Woomack
Level 7
Hi STARRAIN,
The motherboard works fine. Thanks again for the help.