cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix Soar headphone issue

paradise90
Level 7
I bought an Asus Strix Soar and i can't plug headphones to it normal. When i plug them to card, it delete headphones from system like device that can be plug in or just ignore and don't see them. When i try choose headphonse in soar program, program choose spdif like default output, but if i choose ASIO output in player, headphonse start play musiv,but others apps try to play sound from spdif. What to do with this?

Upd. When i turn on pc with poweroff speakers, Windows found hadphones, but now when i turn on speakers, system didn't find them and trying choose them in sonar program turn spdif as default output

Upd 2. If I choose device that windows don't find(headphones or speakers) and reboot Windows, then it appear in windows, but loose that work previous. Does this card can't switch beetwen headphones and speakers in realtime mode, like built-in audiocard?
30 REPLIES 30

SeBo1020
Level 9
So those customers who already have w11 installed you have in the four letters as I understand, because the solutions you write about completely do not work, the card still shuts down for some unknown reason and the only thing you write is "do not install w11" in my opinion it would sound better "we recommend not to buy our products in the future because our support does not comprehend the update of drivers for a newer operating system"

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi cartman32555,
May I double confirm you use STRIX SOAR sound card or other model?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi cartman32555,
May I double confirm you use STRIX SOAR sound card or other model?
Thank you.

Hi Asus Support!

I have the same issue. My STRIX SOAR Soundcard not working after updating to Windows 11.

Do you have an ETA of new drivers which support Windows 11?

Regards,
Rodion!

cartman32555
Level 8
I Have both Asus Soar and Asus Strix Raid DLX
no headphone output works on both.

Configuration :

Gigabyte AORUS X570 Xtreme
AMD 5900X
Windows 11 pro x64 with latest windows update.

ASUS Stix Soar here as well.
No working drivers since Windows 11 Launch.

hoxlund
Level 9
Thermaltake Core X5 Snow Edition TG Case
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply
Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming X Mobo
AMD Ryzen 9 5950x CPU
Custom EK CPU Loop
Crucial 4x16GB DDR4 3600 Memory
Nvidia RTX 3090 FE Video Card

Asus Strix Raid DLX card
beyerdynamics dt990 pro (600ohm)

Windows 11 Pro (build 22000.376)
Asus strix audio driver 1.1.23

can not switch to headphone output. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GIVE US A WIN11 DRIVER!

Like cartman has said, these cards are still being sold on e-retail sites right now (just bought mine from amazon a few months ago). your customer base deserves answers, your Asus for gods sake, not gigabyte.
AMD Ryzen 9 5950x CPU
Custom EK CPU Loop

hoxlund wrote:
AMD Ryzen 9 5950x CPU
Custom EK CPU Loop

Asus Strix Raid DLX card
beyerdynamics dt990 pro (600ohm)

Windows 11 Pro (build 22000.376)
Asus strix audio driver 1.1.23

can not switch to headphone output. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GIVE US A WIN11 DRIVER!

Like cartman has said, these cards are still being sold on e-retail sites right now (just bought mine from amazon a few months ago). your customer base deserves answers, your Asus for gods sake, not gigabyte.

ASUS updated the FAQ...

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1046829

ASUS has delayed the driver release date from February to May.

What the...

hoxlund
Level 9
Yikes I see that, went to my strix raid dlx support page. Well, my amazon review, I've been updating it regularly to help people avoid buying their cards till they get this driver issue fixed. If you want to see my lengthy review where I light asus's butt up... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019H3BI3I

go down to the reviews section. you'll see my review addressing this driver issue for potential future buyers. been updating my review ever since the windows 11 debacle started.

wish i never sold my creative labs sound blaster Z card
AMD Ryzen 9 5950x CPU
Custom EK CPU Loop

SeBo1020
Level 9
Maybe Asus does not give a damn about this series of cards and wants to forget about it as soon as possible, in my case, the card was once under warranty and was replaced because I had notorious problems with operation, but after two years of using the "new" card once again began to have the same problems as before, only this time the card will probably end up in the trash because of the lack of any warranty, while the problems with the lack of drivers for w11 may not be the fault of Asus itself, especially when you read the forums at the competitors is not too rosy there also, notoriously users report unstable operation of their cards on w11, the whole circus reminds me of the premiere of Vista and all kinds of problems with the operation of music cards and other equipment from modems to printers, it's a shame that the third largest player in the market of music cards will not release a series more focused on quality and not on quantity by adding them to all motherboards. ..

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi all,
For windows 11 drivers, please refer to the following link.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1046829
Sorry for any inconvenience it may cause.