cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix Soar headphone issue

paradise90
Level 7
I bought an Asus Strix Soar and i can't plug headphones to it normal. When i plug them to card, it delete headphones from system like device that can be plug in or just ignore and don't see them. When i try choose headphonse in soar program, program choose spdif like default output, but if i choose ASIO output in player, headphonse start play musiv,but others apps try to play sound from spdif. What to do with this?

Upd. When i turn on pc with poweroff speakers, Windows found hadphones, but now when i turn on speakers, system didn't find them and trying choose them in sonar program turn spdif as default output

Upd 2. If I choose device that windows don't find(headphones or speakers) and reboot Windows, then it appear in windows, but loose that work previous. Does this card can't switch beetwen headphones and speakers in realtime mode, like built-in audiocard?
30 REPLIES 30

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi paradise90,

Thank you for your reply.
I'm not sure the software is compatible with win11 OS or not, because win11 is insider version.
I'll consult our tech team about this.
Thank you.

Thank you for reply

I write here solution i found for this issue. Windows 11 install new ASMedia driver for card and I see older version on card support page. I remember that asmedia has problem with newer drivers, so I install older version from page and problem is gone!

Upd: almost gone. If switch quick its appear again, so maybe its latency problem, but with this driver it switch in contrast of new driver
Upd 2: I reboot system and problem is back. Strange problem
Upd3: I find problem source. It is ASMedia driver. I don't know why, but if you want switch from headphones to speaker and back on Windows 11 you need: Open Sonic Studio -> switch from current output to other (it switch to spdif) -> choose again new output -> right button on "This computer" -> Control-> Device Manager -> USB controllers -> Off ASMedia USB3.0 eXtensible Host Controller and On back (Sonic Studio show error) -> press Ok -> open Sonic Studio again. Now you switch to other output. If ASUS can do something with it will be grateful (maybe add to Sonic Studio insructions automatically switch this driver?)

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi paradise90,

At present, the ASUS audio card series does not support Windows 11, and this issue will be corrected as soon as possible.
It is recommended that users do not update to Windows 11 or use Speaker for audio output first.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

SeBo1020
Level 9
But you know that the premiere of W11 has already taken place, maybe it would release some driver updates, especially since it is not about marginal problems, to the lack of support for headphones I could add the circus of changes in the sampling frequency and exclusively from those changes in the same card where to fix the problem requires a reset of the computer, well unless it is now your new policy of releasing drivers once a year to encourage users to change cards to those of the competition?

SeBo1020 wrote:
But you know that the premiere of W11 has already taken place, maybe it would release some driver updates, especially since it is not about marginal problems, to the lack of support for headphones I could add the circus of changes in the sampling frequency and exclusively from those changes in the same card where to fix the problem requires a reset of the computer, well unless it is now your new policy of releasing drivers once a year to encourage users to change cards to those of the competition?

I researched, that you don't need reboot all PC, only audiocard in device manager. But it's steel unconfortable and strange, that there no new driver. Windows 11 change something in work with audio, but this card not chip built-in model to have such slow support on the system, which open beta test that pass for a whole month before release.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi SeBo1020,
Do you also use strix soar audio card or other model?
Thank you.

SeBo1020
Level 9
STARRAIN@ROG-> yes I am using strix soar card, the card shuts down when I have a microphone plugged in, surprisingly today it stopped freaking out after changing the sampling frequency however still the headphones are not detected by the card.

paradise90 -> in my case sometimes switching the device off and on again in device manager helps, sometimes not and I have to restart my computer

SeBo1020 wrote:
STARRAIN@ROG-> yes I am using strix soar card, the card shuts down when I have a microphone plugged in, surprisingly today it stopped freaking out after changing the sampling frequency however still the headphones are not detected by the card.

paradise90 -> in my case sometimes switching the device off and on again in device manager helps, sometimes not and I have to restart my computer

I am using Strix Raid DLX, same issue.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi all,
I'll consult our tech for win11 driver again.
Please do not update to win11 or please use speaker for audio output first.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi all,
I'll consult our tech for win11 driver again.
Please do not update to win11 or please use speaker for audio output first.

december, 15th and still no news for compatible drivers ? Is it possible to get a real technical answer from tech team ? These sound card are still available on online retail but can't work on Windows 11 right now, it's a joke no ?

Thank's to communicate a real ETA for beta drivers ...