cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS RTX 3090 STRIX OC Fan Issues

Wayâ__
Level 9
Good day,

1) I am unable to set a custom fan curve in any of the tools like GPU Tweak and Afterburner. When the card reaches around 70deg/c the fans spin up to 100% regardless of the fan profile set. You can see the fan rpm going up, but the fan % stays the same ?!

2) Disabling the custom fan profile and letting the card just do it's thing makes the card run really loud. It sits on my desk next to me... When hitting 70deg/c the fans spin up at 100% and now have started vibrating and rattling.

I have contacted the reseller which said I should send the card back, but as I use my pc for work as well, this means I would be without a pc for some time as there is no stock of replacement cards anyways.

I've exclusively only used ASUS Motherboards and GPU's for the last 10+ years and never had anything like this before ;(

Really hope someone has a solution that could help until the reseller gets more stock as I think this card needs an RMA.
4 REPLIES 4

Wayâ__
Level 9
Anyone ?

Wayâ__
Level 9
To add to the post here ...

I did some additional testing today... It appears the card is hitting the thermal limit, and once that happens the fans start disregarding anything else and spin up to 100%.

Memory temps are around 75/degc and GPU temp reports around 65deg/c at this time. I did notice "Hostspot" temp hitting 105degc, not sure what that is tbh ...

All and All the card seems to thing it's overheating and default behaviour is to spin up the fans to try and cool it down. Borked sensor perhaps ?

Wayâ__
Level 9
This was just sitting idle on the Valheim character screen ...

Wayâ__
Level 9
Well thank you for the feedback and support ASUS - you guys are amazing. #sarcasm

I've RMA'd the card - waiting on feedback from the supplier. Let's hope it works better the second time around.