cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus rog theta 7.1 noise problem

Flobaz1302
Level 8
Hello, I just installed an Asus Rog Theta 7.1. I use Armory Crate with last drivers. I have a problem with small crackling sounds in my ears, small "tic" that appear only when I start or stop playing a sound with voices (for example on Discord when someone speaks with microphone, or if I play a youtube video, when I stop it I hear a "tic" in each ear. I can't find the cause of the problem.
Anybody could have an idea ? Thanks
25 REPLIES 25

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
I can hear the clicking, it sounds like it's produced by software (either open or running as a background process) rather than the loud pops which sometimes occur when certain software with audio channels active is closed abruptly or not properly.

Let me confirm a few things:
The clicking occurs when you open a video maker software - which one?
Does the clicking occur for any other software?
Does the clicking occur when system is idle with no applications open?
Was your old headset connected by USB or 3.5 mm? What model is it?
Are your systems overclocked at all?

The cliking occurs with nearly all software, for the example I used Kdenlive (video maker) but I have the problem with Discord (each time sometimes start or stop speaking), youtube with mozilla or edge.
If I delete Armoury crate It doesnt change anything. But if I turn on virtual surrond sound, It is a few better, but sound is not natural with this option.
My old headset is a Logitech G430, connected in usb.
Not any overclocking on my system.

That isn't normal behavior, I use a Theta 7.1 frequently and I've never encountered such issues. Since it's a new, I'd suggest to take it to your place of purchase or customer service center, and bring your laptop with you to demonstrate.

Flobaz1302 wrote:
The cliking occurs with nearly all software, for the example I used Kdenlive (video maker) but I have the problem with Discord (each time sometimes start or stop speaking), youtube with mozilla or edge.
If I delete Armoury crate It doesnt change anything. But if I turn on virtual surrond sound, It is a few better, but sound is not natural with this option.
My old headset is a Logitech G430, connected in usb.
Not any overclocking on my system.

It's unfortunately a second-hand purchase, the seller reconfirmed that he had no such problems with it, I don't understand, it really looks like new.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
How loud do you usually set your volume?

between 25 and 50 % on Windows