cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus rog theta 7.1 noise problem

Flobaz1302
Level 8
Hello, I just installed an Asus Rog Theta 7.1. I use Armory Crate with last drivers. I have a problem with small crackling sounds in my ears, small "tic" that appear only when I start or stop playing a sound with voices (for example on Discord when someone speaks with microphone, or if I play a youtube video, when I stop it I hear a "tic" in each ear. I can't find the cause of the problem.
Anybody could have an idea ? Thanks
25 REPLIES 25

No it doesnt work, I have already tried that (and with all options of armoury crate). I also tried to uninstall armoury crate and delete my headset from device manager, and re install all, but nothing work to eliminate these noises 😕

Nate152

I have already tried to plug directly in the only usb C plug of my pc, and with the usb a adapter, in each situations it is the same problem.
I noticed that if I turn on the virtual surround sound, the noise is less noticeable, but I think that this option is not good with the headset which is directly with a surround sound.

Nate152
When playing games, I turn virtual surround on, when listening to music, I turn virtual surround off and use stereo.

One thing you could try is when listening to music or watching a video, set to stereo. Crank the volume of the player to 100% then control the volume with the windows volume.

Does this help eliminate the crackling?

Lowering the bit rate and sample rate might help with the crackling too.

I tested all of that, but nothing seems to work. Stereo mode don't change anything on the noises, it is the same with any value of bit and Hz.
i dont understand if it is a physical issue with this headset or a software issue, because in game I dont have any problem, that is very strange.
Is it possible to download another firmware ?

It seems (for me) that it's something like "closing" canal sound after reading which is "aggressive"...

Nate152
The only way I know to roll back the firmware is to do a system restore before you installed Armoury Crate.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Tried with another notebook or PC? Same result across different USB ports?

Is it possible to share some screenshots of what's happening onscreen when the crackling occurs? Or a sound recording? (should be able to capture with a phone).
Do you have other USB headphones, and if so, can you replicate the same thing?

Hi, yes is the same results with another usb, and the same with another PC.
I dont have any problem with my old headset.
I will try to capture the sound with a phone

Here is a link to the MP3 file with the sound capture (your website dont allow the Mp3)

https://we.tl/t-TvZlRE0ZlS

I reproduce the sound with a video maker software where I have particulary the bug, by moving the cursor. Each move of the cursor make a "tic".

I also attach a screenshot of armoury crater during the "tic noise". Each channel of the headset has the problem.