cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Strix GA35 - Fan Replacement

Ocnblue
Level 8
I need to replace the exhaust fan on an ASUS ROG Strix GA35. I know it is an 80mm fan but I am not sure if it is 3 or 4 pin and I can't find the specs on it. Unfortunately the owner will go into shock if I have to shut it down to determine what the connection is. 😮
3 REPLIES 3

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, Ocnblue.

May I ask what kind of scenario you are now in that requires the exhaust fan to be replaced? Is there any abnormal sound, and what kind of situation exists? What differences did the situation appear to have?
Please note that disassembling the device may lead to a loss of warranty. It is recommended that you contact the maintenance center for assistance if needed.

Thank you.

Yeah not worried about that. At this point I am so disappointed with this computer I debated on doing a new build and pulling the video card from this for the new one. I also considered buying a new case and moving it over so that I could actually have proper ventilation.

The current fan is making noise and will stop and start. There is no fan in the front of the case on this $3300 computer (I was shocked to find this out) and only has the fans on the video card and the exhaust fan so I am worried about the heat. I also had a time when the computer smelled like an electrical burn. I was going to RMA it but based on prior experience with other companies, I have a better experience doing the repairs myself.

So for now I just want to replace the fan and I will Band-Aid this until it dies and will do a new build. I bough two ASUS ROG's GA35's during COVID because it was so difficult and pricey to get a decent graphics card.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, Ocnblue.

Since you mentioned that it "smelled like an electrical burn," it is recommended that you visit the ASUS Repair Center to have your device checked.
Also, the Band-Aid method seems not to be reliable.
Please refer to the following link for further assistance.
https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location

Thank you.