cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Strix G15 screen goes black for 1 0r 2 seconds

DocRDX
Level 8
ASUS ROG Strix G15 screen goes black for 1 0r 2 seconds.
I just bought the ROG Strix G15 and I noticed whenever I turn it on and goes to the lock screen, the screen on my laptop goes black for 1 or 2 seconds and it goes back up again. The same thing happens when I plugged and unplugged it in the charger.

Is this normal? Please help. This is my first gaming laptop.
6 REPLIES 6

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi DocRDX,

Is the complete model name G513QE?
Please refer to the following link.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1037691/
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi DocRDX,

Is the complete model name G513QE?
Please refer to the following link.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1037691/
Thank you.

My model name is G512LI

JonTeoh
Level 7
DocRDX wrote:
ASUS ROG Strix G15 screen goes black for 1 0r 2 seconds.
I just bought the ROG Strix G15 and I noticed whenever I turn it on and goes to the lock screen, the screen on my laptop goes black for 1 or 2 seconds and it goes back up again. The same thing happens when I plugged and unplugged it in the charger.

Is this normal? Please help. This is my first gaming laptop.

I own a older model. ASUS ROG Strix Scar 3, it also has this feature. From what I know, the screen going black for a few seconds is a feature of changing of refresh rate of your monitor.

This is to save power on battery mode by your laptop switching to a lower refresh rate and switching back to a higher refresh rate on plugged in.

If you want to disable this feature and always run it on max refresh rate, you can go to the "Intel Graphics Control Panel" by searching on your laptop. Then disable "Display Refresh Rate Switching" under the "Power" section. But, by using this, your battery will drain faster, based on my experience.

Hope this helps.

JonTeoh wrote:
I own a older model. ASUS ROG Strix Scar 3, it also has this feature. From what I know, the screen going black for a few seconds is a feature of changing of refresh rate of your monitor.

This is to save power on battery mode by your laptop switching to a lower refresh rate and switching back to a higher refresh rate on plugged in.

If you want to disable this feature and always run it on max refresh rate, you can go to the "Intel Graphics Control Panel" by searching on your laptop. Then disable "Display Refresh Rate Switching" under the "Power" section. But, by using this, your battery will drain faster, based on my experience.

Hope this helps.

Does it happens every time we start our laptop without connecting the charger ?

JonTeoh wrote:

Hope this helps.

please help, I can't find the settings. It's not in System>Power

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi DocRDX,

May I have a video about the black screen in lock screen?
Thank you.