cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix b760i not see my GPU

drawersod
Level 7
Hi all. I bought a new b760i asus rog strix motherboard. My build looks like this: i5 13600k, b760i asus rog strix, Memorie G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 32GB 6000MHZ CL30 Dual Kit, psu Cooler Master Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD 750W SFX, Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe, M.2.(also i put this SSD to backwards slot of my motherboard), nvidia msi gtx 1080.
The problem is that everything works fine, like clockwork, but my video card is not detected in the bios(fan also works all the time on GPU), windows 10, or windows 11. I've tried setting the PCI settings to not auto, but gen3, gen4, gen5 separately. But i still can only use CPU gpu to see anything in bios or windows, so my screen work....
I also have only --> Auto, PEG, CPU (No PCI selection) in the Primary display settings. I did a bunch of tips from youtube, but nothing helped. I also tested the power supply from a computer where my video card works fine, didn't help. (I've also upgrade my bios to 0808 from website)
I've tried a thousand settings in the bios, windows, but nothing worked. Do you think it's because my 1080 is lagging with the new hardware or is there something wrong with my PCI input?
3 REPLIES 3

drawersod
Level 7
I had a handyman check the Riser cable, it works. Also checked in my build 1060 and it turned on, i.e. PCI works. Seems to be incompatible with my 1080 msi.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, drawersod.

May I ask if the problem has been fixed by changing the cable?
If not, please refer to the link below for troubleshooting the GPU problem you might have.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1016113/
Meanwhile, have you updated the ME firmware to version 16.1.25.2020v2 to ensure optimized system settings before the BIOS update?

Thank you.
Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂

Jiaszzz@ROG wrote:
Hello, drawersod.

May I ask if the problem has been fixed by changing the cable?
If not, please refer to the link below for troubleshooting the GPU problem you might have.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1016113/
Meanwhile, have you updated the ME firmware to version 16.1.25.2020v2 to ensure optimized system settings before the BIOS update?

Thank you.

Good afternoon. I completely updated all the drivers and stuff on windows 11 before updating the bios. It's not about the cable, as I've inserted the video card directly into the motherboard as well, tested with different methods. The funny thing is that the guys at the repair shop threw in a 1050 and everything worked. I have a MSI 1080 Armor OC on the stock bios. All i was told is the motherboard and my video card aren't compatible from the looks of it, it's probably the bios. Now I bought myself a MSI 4070ti ventus x3 and it works fine