cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Dominus Extreme C621 Windows 11/TPM2.0 support

xarot
Level 11
Hello,

As per the Windows 11 support list I cannot see Asus ROG Dominus Extreme listed there:

https://www.asus.com/microsite/motherboard/ASUS-motherboards-Win11-ready/

However the CPU on this motherboard, Intel Xeon W-3175X, is fully supported by Windows 11:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/minimum/supported/windows-11-supported-inte...

Motherboard is still within warranty.

The UEFI BIOS doesn't seem to have the PCH-FW menu at all under advanced. Please see screenshot. Anything I am missing? Last UEFI released by ASUS is already over 1 year old.

Main: i9-10980XE - Rampage VI Extreme Encore - 64 GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3600 CL16 - Strix RTX 3090 - Phanteks Enthoo Primo - Corsair AX1500i - Samsung 960 PRO 1 TB + Intel 600P 1TB - Water cooling
HTPC: i7-6950X - X99-M WS - 32 GB G.Skill RipjawsV DDR4-2400 - GTX1050TI - Bitfenix Pandora - Corsair AX860 - Intel 750 400 GB + Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO
All around: i9-7980XE - Rampage VI Extreme - 64 GB G.Skill 4000 CL18-19-19-39 - Strix RTX3090 - Phanteks P500A - Samsung 960 EVO 512 GB - Water cooling
26 REPLIES 26

I expected BIOS 0801 to support fTPM. But in reality it wasn't.
BIOS 0801 simply changed dTPM to the enabled setting by default.

I think BIOS 0801 has the following problems:
- When a user without dTPM installs BIOS 0801, it stops at Q-code 92 during POST.
- A menu has been added to enable fTPM, and if it is enabled, it will stop at Q-Code 92 during POST.

It is okay to enable fTPM by default in a BIOS that supports fTPM.
However, I don't think dTPM should be enabled by default as it is an optional device.

The C621 seems to have the features needed to support fTPM.
I think a lot of people were expecting fTPM support.

* I've seen "Windows 11 Ready" appear on the ROG Dominus Extreme product page.
ROG Dominus Extreme isn't listed on the page below yet, but I understand that the "Windows 11 Ready" is an official statement by ASUS that ROG Dominus Extreme supports Windows 11.
thank you!
https://www.asus.com/microsite/motherboard/ASUS-motherboards-Win11-ready/
* I wrote in the thread "ASUS / INFINEON TPM FIRMWARE UPDATE?" That Windows 11 displays an error when the TPM firmware version is 5.63.3144.0 or earlier.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Japan_7130,
If you don't install TPM module and updated to bios 0801, do you have Q-code 92 during POST with bios all default settings?
May I have the following information?
- the serial number of your ROG Dominus Extreme motherboard via PM
- the brand and the model name of the CPU, RAM, graphics card, hard drive with OS and PSU
*Please check the specific model name of the RAM such as Micron MTA18ASF4G72AZ-2G6B1.
- OS version and OS build
Thank you.

Hi STARRAIN@ROG

If I start ROG Dominus Extreme immediately after clearing CMOS without TPM, it stops at Q-code 92.
This phenomenon is also reported by machproo in the thread "WINDOWS 11 ON ROG DOMINUS EXTREME WITH TPM-M R2.0 INSTALLATION SUCCESS FULL".

- The ROG Dominus Extreme S/N was sent by PM. (I think this mobo is the first Revision)
- The current configuration is as follows:
CPU: Xeon W-3175X
Memory: G.Skill F4-4266C17Q-32GTZR (x12 8GB)
Graphics card: ASUS ROG-STRIX-RTX3090-O24G-GAMING
PSU: x2 Seasonic PRIME Ultra 850 Titanium (SSR-850TR)
Boot drive: Samsung 870 EVO 1TB or Intel Optane SSD 905P 960GB

CPU and memory are usually overclocked but very stable. (The y-cruncher calculates the 1 trillion digit PI three times and the same result is obtained three times.)

The detailed situation is as follows.

- Turn off the PSU switch.
- Remove dTPM.
- Turn on the PSU switch.
- Press the CMOS clear button.
- Press the Power on button. F1 push is required after about 2 minutes.
- Press F1 to enter UEFI.
The boot drive was automatically detected and set.
dTPM was set to enable by CMOS clear.
- When I pressed F10 without changing the settings, it remained stopped at Q-code 92 even after waiting for 10 minutes. (*1)
- Press the Power on button to power off.
- Install dTPM.
- Press the Power on button, Windows 11 will start normally.

*1 If press F10 after setting dTPM to Disable, Windows will start normally.

For the time being, users of Windows 10 without dTPM will be very confused if they encounter this phenomenon.
Since dTPM is an optional device, I object to enabling it by default.
If you can improve the POST process so that it doesn't stuck when dTPM is enabled but dTPM isn't installed, I think that's one solution.

Thank you.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Japan_7130,
Thank you for your reply and information.
I'll report it to our tech team for further checking.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Japan_7130,
I'm afraid our tech team have tested the components at hand but it didn't stop at Q-code 92 without TPM module.
However, fTPM is supported on ROG Dominus Extreme.
If you disable dTPM and can boot into win11 successfully, please disable dTPM for this.
Thank you.

Hi STARRAIN@ROG

Thank you for your support.

The reason why Q-code 92 stopped and fTPM didn't work was because I forgot to install Intel ME 11.12.86.1877.
After installing Intel ME 11.12.86.1877 and then re-installing BIOS 0801, it no longer stops at Q-code 92 and can now use fTPM.
The problem has been resolved.

* If you installed BIOS 0801 first and then Intel ME 11.12.86.1877, "Attestation Not supported" was displayed in the [Security processor details] window when using fTPM. When I installed BIOS 0801 again, it became "Attestation Ready".
* If you start with the setting to use dTPM without installing dTPM, POST will not stop because it is automatically changed to the setting to use fTPM.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Japan_7130,
Thank you for your reply and sharing.