cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Delta Headphones MIC problem

Voldemort
Level 9
Recently, when I use the voice chat in any game after every first boot my pc/laptop, headphone mic is really low. Repluging it fixes the problem, doesn`t matter if I use usb C or the adapter extension (normal usb3.0/2.0). Is this problem fixable or I have to unplug the connector and plug it every time I boot my pc ? I have all new drivers available installed, newest version of windows, bios, everything possible. Overal the headphones are 10/10, except this little problem that I have 😮

2) I installed sonic studio and now my sound effects are not working in armoury crate. I reinstalled drivers, programs, rebooted my system couple times, changed the usb cable (usb c), nothing works.... Now I can`t change Sound Optimization stuff - nothing is working. virtual surround, equalizer, bass boost etc. Please someone tell me how can I fix this ? I even reinstalled the firmware of the headset-same....
55 REPLIES 55

it doesn't work with Rog Delta S..

MuseMKR wrote:
Mic is still not working after Firmware update 0045. I have already done a complete reinstall of Armory Crate, Realtek drivers, Sonic Radar 3 and Sonic Studio 3.

After firmware update and still have an issue ,unplug and plug the ROG Delta; test on another USB port, test on another computer to verify that it is Delta having the issue
If microphone still doesn't work on another system, the microphone is malfunctioning. RMA the Delta if nothing works!
Sincerely,
TY

thomas_yiu@ROG wrote:
After firmware update and still have an issue ,unplug and plug the ROG Delta; test on another USB port, test on another computer to verify that it is Delta having the issue
If microphone still doesn't work on another system, the microphone is malfunctioning. RMA the Delta if nothing works!

Working on the "Version 0039_beta" Headphone BIOS version.

Problem is the Firmware, NOT hardware.

Ok.. so for now my mic seems to work 60% of the time but now i have no idea what the cause is that destroyed my headset's sound optimization but i can't edit/use my profiles to have better sounds in armoury crate they all sound the same no matter what i choose...

thomas_yiu@ROG wrote:
Hello everyone, we just release the new ROG Delta firmware today 5/4/2021.
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Accessory/Headset/ROG_Delta/ROG_Headset_V0045.zip
Please see if you all update it and see if it fixes your issues. Thanks
Thomas

Hello, this did not work for me, and I have the same problem. So basically, when I talk on discord, have a zoom class, or talk in voice chat in a game, no input. I can only find input when I get the really close to my mouth, or when I spend 10 minutes trying to get a good position for input. The microphone is really important to me, because I have private classes very often. I'm very dissappointed, since this is my favourite headset and sounds really good. I also can't use warranty, because my uncle sent them to me from US, and I live in Europe.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
IvayloStrix wrote:
Recently, when I use the voice chat in any game after every first boot my pc/laptop, headphone mic is really low. Repluging it fixes the problem, doesn`t matter if I use usb C or the adapter extension (normal usb3.0/2.0). Is this problem fixable or I have to unplug the connector and plug it every time I boot my pc ? I have all new drivers available installed, newest version of windows, bios, everything possible. Overal the headphones are 10/10, except this little problem that I have 😮

2) I installed sonic studio and now my sound effects are not working in armoury crate. I reinstalled drivers, programs, rebooted my system couple times, changed the usb cable (usb c), nothing works.... Now I can`t change Sound Optimization stuff - nothing is working. virtual surround, equalizer, bass boost etc. Please someone tell me how can I fix this ? I even reinstalled the firmware of the headset-same....

I know these issue. As far i know there is only 1 way to fix it! is silly. unplug and replug.
it iwll be ok once you restart the pc. These will go away once you turn off the psu or erp is active on the bios.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

I have the same problem with mic. Only unplug and plug in is working. It's a pity that such decent headphones have such a problem. Even full window reinstall is not helping:(

n0xlf
Level 7
I'll add a "me too" to the thread..

I have tried everything uninstall, reinstall and reinstalled the operating system software which is MS windows pro 64 bit.

I have found that the unplug and plugin is the only remedy for my microphone problem.

Sure would like a fix for this.

Thank you for your time.

Can you please record and generate 2 log then PM me? (upload to cloud and provide the links)
One log recording when the mic is fine, and one when it's not. Appreciate it.

Instructions for recording and generating logs:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?124410-Armoury-Crate-v4-1-6-0-Report-here-if-any-issues

GreyWolfCalgary wrote:
I have tried everything uninstall, reinstall and reinstalled the operating system software which is MS windows pro 64 bit.

I have found that the unplug and plugin is the only remedy for my microphone problem.

Sure would like a fix for this.

Thank you for your time.