cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Delta Headphones MIC problem

Voldemort
Level 9
Recently, when I use the voice chat in any game after every first boot my pc/laptop, headphone mic is really low. Repluging it fixes the problem, doesn`t matter if I use usb C or the adapter extension (normal usb3.0/2.0). Is this problem fixable or I have to unplug the connector and plug it every time I boot my pc ? I have all new drivers available installed, newest version of windows, bios, everything possible. Overal the headphones are 10/10, except this little problem that I have 😮

2) I installed sonic studio and now my sound effects are not working in armoury crate. I reinstalled drivers, programs, rebooted my system couple times, changed the usb cable (usb c), nothing works.... Now I can`t change Sound Optimization stuff - nothing is working. virtual surround, equalizer, bass boost etc. Please someone tell me how can I fix this ? I even reinstalled the firmware of the headset-same....
55 REPLIES 55

Same problem playing Warzone, mic volume is too low. After going up to 100% on Windows, Battle.net and CoD (400 max value!)
Delta S model
Armoury Crate 5.0.11.0

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi mainmind,
Does the mic volume get too low only in Warzone or also in other games or apps?
If you unplug and replug the delta s, does the issue disappear temporarily?
Does the issue occur after update the items in the screenshot you shared? since 2/22 or 2/23?
Have you connect the delta s to other pc to see if the mic volume also get too low?
Thank you.

I have connected to the mobile by usb-c and the problem does not occur. I haven't tested with more games, it seems related to FPS equalization inside Armory Crate (any of it, default or custom), so I completely uninstalled the app and will try today without the software
I will also try connecting directly to the USB-C connector on the motherboard instead of using the long USB-C to USB-A cable.

Regards

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi mainmind,
Does the mic volume get too low only in Warzone or also in other games or apps?
If you unplug and replug the delta s, does the issue disappear temporarily?
Does the issue occur after update the items in the screenshot you shared? since 2/22 or 2/23?
Have you connect the delta s to other pc to see if the mic volume also get too low?
Thank you.

Without Armoury Crate installed, not working on Windows, unplug and plug and works again...

I update last BIOS 4004 on Crosshair VIII Hero with same problem

Windows 10.0.19044.1566
AMD Chipset Driver 3.10.22.706

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi mainmind,
Do you mean the mic volume is still low in when playing Warzone without Armoury Crate installed?
Could you please connect the delta s to other pc to see if the mic volume also get too low?
Thank you.

Connecting to another computer, the problem is the same with the microphone, a very low volume even with the input volume values ​​at maximum.
Connecting to the USB-C port improves... could it be a power problem from the port itself?

Regards

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi mainmind,
If the mic volume is not just low in Warzone on another pc, please send the delta s with the cables to RMA for further examination.
Thank you.

ASUS finally processed the warranty and replaced the equipment... the volume of the micro is much higher now in any application with the same previous configuration.
Only in Warzone, it is necessary to set the microphone volume to 350 (previously it was not audible with the maximum value of 400)
Thanks

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi iPexity,
Have you tried it on another pc?
Thank you.

after fimware update (0150) in armoury crate, i got same problem with mic. when OC run after shutdown, mic volume is around 10%. only thing that helps - unplug usb of headphones. same problem on another pc's. this problem is not new for me. previously, i can fix it with firmware downgrade, but now that didnt work. obviously, problem in asus software, and they can't fix it for more than a year