cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Rog Crosshair VIII Formula is worst mb i ever had

kanift
Level 7
with this mb i had several issues like broken dashboard, rgb and worst performance metric than a regular B450 mb on 5900X but at last this fella finally decided to die (I didn't surprise), pc was in sleep state then i tried to press power button and then it didn't boot so at first i thought it was a power outage but i looked modem boot time and no there was no power outage so i unplugged the pc and waited for 15min after that I plugged the cables and tried again but no lock psu was clicking once and then nothing appear no err codes on dashboard no sign of life then i cleared cmos via back panel and waited for 1 min then pressed power button again after this one the mb has decided to spark fire like a farewell then I was sure the mb is dead for good so i immediately started RMA and the process was good until today. Today they are charging me for PCB BURN and something that is not on board that they called "FAN SOCKET" ??? really ?? this board carries 1 SOCKET and that is "CPU SOCKET" and there is no more socket on this board wtf are u talking about RMA ?

but this is not the best part the best part is RMA is charging 10,47$ for repair service and 697$ for PCB change BUT rn in amazon fresh new mb is at 697$ :DDDD rn RMA is expensive than buying fresh new mb like really ??????? i guess rma is asking 10,47$ for unscrewing mb for false diagnose and ordering new mb from amazon and then shipping it but also after telling them i may go court about this because of they have to repair PCB BURN free of charge their second msg about my mb wasn't including anything about PCB BURN.....

afaik if product is in warranty period then they must repair PCB BURN free of charge as well as imaginary fan socket as under burned component but FAN SOCKET doesn't exist so its only PCB BURN

here burned part (nothing related to fan or whatsoever) (this is from RMA email):

my psu is asus thor 850w platinum rn on my backup mb its working rock solid w/o issues

can anyone help me with this ridiculous RMA situation how can i solve this w/o going court ofc going court will solve it but first i wanna do it calmly
1 REPLY 1

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi kanift,
May I have the serial number and the RMA number via PM?
Thank you.