cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero x670e Motherboard Slow Boot

shemsureshot
Level 7
As the title says, my new x670e Crosshair Hero takes about 37 seconds to display the Asus bios screen from when I first turn on the computer. After this everything runs normally. I have the latest 0805 bios. I tried enabling memory context but the computer wouldn’t boot so have had to leave it on auto. Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue?

Edit: I should add for most of the boot cycle I get code 15 but it also cycles through lots of other numbers very quickly. I can see it says 42 which relates to memory so I tried booting with one ram module at a time with the same result. Operation past the bios screen is perfectly normal and as you would expect.

My ram is Kingston Fury Beast 2 x 16gb (KF560C36BBEK2-32).*
5 REPLIES 5

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, shemsureshot .

Sorry for the slow reply due to the Lunar New Year holiday and any inconvenience this may cause.
May I ask if you have referred to the instructions on page 1-5 of the user manual - English for how to install the memory? According to the user manual, please install the memory in DIMM_A2 and DIMM_A2 slots.
Have you updated the BIOS? What is the current BIOS version? Please return the BOIS to default value as well.

Thank you.
Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂

Tonyspecial
Level 7

Hi, I'm having a lot of trouble too, since I updated to Bios 0925.

If yours takes about 37 seconds to display the Asus bios screen from when I first turn on the computer, minte takes about 7 minutes,

and that happens only since I updated at the new Bios version.

Should I update again with the new 1003 Beta version?

Jedimaster
Level 8

Hi all

Same here - build a new PC with x670e and 7950X3D...have two G.SKILL 6000 Ram (64GB) and both in slots A2 and B2, switched on EXPO2...rig works great and stable. But booting times until I see ASUS logo is waaaay too long (like 45 sec)...have the newest BIOS on it (not Beta) and didn't change?

I have to add, that it's more than 60 sec on my rig - just set the timer once...

I also assembled a similar PC, but the Kingston Fury DDR5-6000 32768MB PC5-48000 Beast AM5 1Rx8 Black (KF560C36BBE-32) memory ....... on two modules it starts for a long time - 40-45 seconds and code 15 hangs, but it even starts on 6400 with timing settings directly wired into the BIOS for two hunix modules ....... but already 4 modules could not be started normally and failed, I tried it on 0922 - the launch took about 5-7 minutes waiting for code 15 at a frequency of only 3600