cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Prime H510M-A how many fans/amps can the case fan connectors take?

Rollerx
Level 7
I have the Prime H510M-A mobo and intend to build in a case with 3 fans in the front and one in the back. I haven't been able to find anywhere information on how many fans I can connect to each of the two case fan connectors. My fans are Corsair iCUE SP120 RGB PRO, with 0.3 A power draw each. I presume 2 fans would be ok per connector but since I'd prefer having all front fans controlled similarly, would prefer connecting all of them in the same connector. Will it be possible? How can I see if something goes wrong?
6 REPLIES 6

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
correct does not say.
All board, al least asus, each PWM fan ports, unless is especified, uses 1 amp MAX per port.
On each fan on the back is amp rate. make a sum and do not pass 1AMP per port.
you board ahs 3. one is for the cpu. CHA_FAN1 and CHA_FAN2

you can put one on the back of case on 1 and a splitter on Cha2 to the 3 fans. So you need a PWM splitter (cost like 4usd) Just make sure does not pass 1amp the sum of the fans
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
correct does not say.
All board, al least asus, each PWM fan ports, unless is especified, uses 1 amp MAX per port.
On each fan on the back is amp rate. make a sum and do not pass 1AMP per port.
you board ahs 3. one is for the cpu. CHA_FAN1 and CHA_FAN2

you can put one on the back of case on 1 and a splitter on Cha2 to the 3 fans. So you need a PWM splitter (cost like 4usd) Just make sure does not pass 1amp the sum of the fans

Ok, great to hear, thank you. The fans are not pwm, instead 3-pin fans. Does that make any difference if the total sum remains under 1 A?
It would be great if Asus had the max amp somewhere documented.

xeromist
I've never been concerned about running 3 fans from one header. If you are worried you could always use a hub that has separate molex power and only uses the motherboard for control.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
I've never been concerned about running 3 fans from one header. If you are worried you could always use a hub that has separate molex power and only uses the motherboard for control.

Thanks to you too. I'm not actually concerned, just wanted to check that I'm not doing anything wrong. Still waiting for some parts. 🙂

Alvez_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi
First, thanks all expert's reply. Yes, I also suggest one fan for one header to avoid some fan issue. Thank you.

Alvez@asus wrote:
Hi
First, thanks all expert's reply. Yes, I also suggest one fan for one header to avoid some fan issue. Thank you.

I'm sorry but you also what? All the others said that you can quite well connect more than one fan as long as the total current/power draw is not above 1 A. What is this concern based on? If that would be true, I would be limited to two fans and that would need some justification. And since - based on your username - you seem to represent Asus, it would be even more important to clarify this.