Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G15 Advantage decreased performance ~10% after using DDU and factory reset

ahuneeus
Level 7
Hi there,

I am contacting you becasue of the following issue:

Up to until some weeks I was getting good performance on my Asus AMD G15 advantage, getting roughy 11,400 aond 27,500 on 3dmark firestrike and timespy respectively. This running stock ram (ram with good timings btw) and also no external monitor.

I had installed many different versions of the drivers from AMD (once over the each other) in some months, so I had the (bad i guess) idea of using DDU in order to do a clean install of the GPU drivers and see if this could drive up some more peformance.

After using DDU and installing both the recommended latest drivers and the optional latest drivers, my timespy score plummeted to 10,500 and firestrike to 26,500 approximatenly (ie roughly 10% of decrease in performance). I also installed the latest version of AMDs chipsets from the website, with no positive impact whatsoever.

After strulling with this, i decided to do a system factory reset (from ASUS), hoping that this would wipe the driver mess and a clean install could fix this. Unfortunately, it hasn't been the case as well: timespy is at 10,500 and firestrike 26500 at most with the latest AMD Drivers

Any ideas of what can be going on and how I can troubleshoot this?

Thnaks a lot, i am super dissapointed with this
1 REPLY 1

Alvez_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello
I don't think using DDU will brake hardware or rewrite VBIOS and FW to cause performance decreasing.
Sounds you have a perfect software structure drive good score 3dmark and timespy originally. Could you
provide bios version/Armoury create version/Graphic card version/Windows OS version? I can try at my side
to compare the score with yours. Also I need serial number to check your full model name. Will pm you, Thank you.