cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS DisplayWidget Lite will not recognized a second monitor.

TallTexan
Level 7
I've recently purchased two TUF Gaming VG27AQ1A monitors and cannot get the ASUS DisplayWidget Lite (ADL) to control the second monitor.

Issue:
ASUS DisplayWidget Lite (ADL) is recognizing both of the VG27AQIA monitors. Both monitors appear in the dropdown "Monitor" list. Regardless of which monitor I select in the dropdown list, ADL will only adjust the properties of one monitor and not the other.

Example:
I would like to set one VG27AQ1A monitor to the Game Visual FPS preset setting and the other VG27AQ1A monitor to the sRGB setting. For this example, monitor-1 is on the left and monitor-2 is on the right.

ADL is open. I select the first "1. VG27AQ1A" in the Monitor dropdown list, the ADL loading animation is activated within the ADL UI and the current settings for the left monitor are recognized and displayed correctly. I can select a Game Visual Preset (RTS/RPF; FPS; Cinema & etc.) or adjust the Game Visual setting using the sliders.

I select the second "2. VG27AQ1A" in the Monitor dropdown list which happens to be the monitor on the right, the ADL loading animation is activated within the ADL UI and the current settings for the left-side monitor (monitor-1) are recognized and displayed instead of the right-side (monitor-2). ADL will not switch to or recognize the second monitor after selecting it in the Monitor dropdown list.

I have:
Updated Windows 10 64-bit and AMD graphics card drivers. I also made certain the monitor drivers are current.
Uninstalled and reinstalled ADL from the ASUS website for the TUF Gaming VG27AQ1A, Driver & Tools page.
Rebooted (many times) and selected monitor "2. VG27AQ1A" in the Monitor dropdown list, first. Only "1. VG27AQ1A" is recognized and controlled.
Switching the displayport cables (monitor-1 cable to monitor-2 and monitor-2 cable to monitor-1)
Installed new displayport cables
Windows display Settings: Tried rearranging the displays, changed the main display settings

Hardware:
CPU: Intel I9-10850K
MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming Z590-Plus
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT (Sapphire Nitro+)
RAM: 32GB DDR4-3200

How can I get ASUS DisplayWidget Lite to work on both monitors?
3 REPLIES 3

Tinks
Level 7
I am having the same issue with a pair of VG27AQL1A. Would love any suggestions on how to fix this.

Exact same issue! I could understand if the widget recognized one monitor due to nvidia surround but it only makes changes on one of the screens. Â*

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi SlowM2,
Do you also use two VG27AQ1A?
May I have the following information?
- the serial number of the two monitors via PM
- How do you connect two monitors to your pc? via DP or HDMI? Which one cannot be recognized
- the model name and the driver version of your graphics card
- the version of ASUS DisplayWidget Lite
- OS version and OS build
Thank you.