cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus dark hero startup issue ?

karlosfandango
Level 9
Hi all
I have a Asus Crosshair VIII DarkHhero ...with an AMD 5900X , 32gb of Gskils ram

Had a few times over last few months since recieving board where the system wont power on.
You press power switch on case and nothing .
You press power button on motherboard ...nothing ....and its lit up white ...all rgb is working ( on when powered off )
If i turn off PSU and back then power it back on ...system boots fine.
It can then be fine for say 4 weeks ...then happen out the blue again.
Was ok with old motherboard....so only things that have changed is MB and CPU.

Tried reflashing bios back to earlier version ...no different.
Had new graphics card since last time so rules that out.
Tried taking ram sticks out ...no difference.

Seems starnge how can run for weeks without issue ( but dont use it every day )

Im using an EVGA supernova 850W PSU.

Not major issue as all have to do is power off PSU and all good again ...but got to be something wrong.
Asus say sounds like something tripping PSU protection ...will have to try unpluging 24 pin and 8 pin cables next time , then plug back in to see if motherboard or psu .

Any help most appreciated.
Karl
150,632 Views
638 REPLIES 638

An update...

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:

Hi Xairoo,
May I have the serial number of the motherboard you using now?
We'll discuss internal again to see id there is any other way to deal with your case, but it would take few days.
If you prefer to get a refund from the dealer, please also let me know.
Thank you.


My answer:

Hi,

Old board SN: M7M0KC3782619SN
New board SN: M7M0KC208304BLD

I just want a working X570 board with no chipset fan an no replacement hell.

What I have noticed:
Since a longer time I didn't ran into this issue.
The new board also had longer periods without that issue with same sleep cycle as the old.

But since a few weeks I put the system only 2 times (sometimes 3 times) into sleep mode each day.

Since doing so, I don't have random wake crashes (not the wake issue) anymore: The crash happened always only at night when I wake my system automatically using WOL for backups. After a crash I am missing some of my open applications (like windows terminal an other dev tools).
But no idea if this is really related to the sleep problem, but I guess. Also I haven't checked the logs for the reason (if there is some).

Cheers

Xairoo wrote:
Is this related to the startup/sleep issue? I don't think so.
Create a new topic instead of hijacking this thread.
Let's keep this thread clean.


Maybe the wrong ram allocation does trigger it no one knows
apart from that, make not so as like you have something to say here.

So some here in the forum are offered the opportunity to send in their mainboards and the others look down the drain.

If the error has been found, why not just start an exchange program.
You have to show the invoice + a picture of the serial number and you get a brand new mainboard.

I don't want to send my mainboard in for a repair because then my PC won't be usable for weeks. If I send in my motherboard, will I get mine back? Or do I get some repaired mainboard back that looks like someone played football with it. My motherboard looks brand new.

This is all very frustrating.

BASI1990 wrote:
So some here in the forum are offered the opportunity to send in their mainboards and the others look down the drain.

If the error has been found, why not just start an exchange program.
You have to show the invoice + a picture of the serial number and you get a brand new mainboard.

I don't want to send my mainboard in for a repair because then my PC won't be usable for weeks. If I send in my motherboard, will I get mine back? Or do I get some repaired mainboard back that looks like someone played football with it. My motherboard looks brand new.

This is all very frustrating.


There isn't enough public outrage, so we don't get advance exchanges.
Companies only get fair to consumers when they get public pressure.

I had the same problem twice, any solution?

infoxpc wrote:
I had the same problem twice, any solution?


It's a hardware defect caused by poor manufacturing.
The solution is to disassemble your PC and send your motherboard to Asus, wait a few weeks or months and then they return it with a 'possible fix' and it might then work, if not, try again

Or go for a different manufacturer

JBROG87 wrote:
It's a hardware defect caused by poor manufacturing.
The solution is to disassemble your PC and send your motherboard to Asus, wait a few weeks or months and then they return it with a 'possible fix' and it might then work, if not, try again

Or go for a different manufacturer


A friend has the 3 mb and still the same error, and here on the whole sites there are several who have the same problem.
I wouldn't be so 100% sure that it's just the hardware

NuadaXXX wrote:
There isn't enough public outrage, so we don't get advance exchanges.
Companies only get fair to consumers when they get public pressure.


That's why people should tell this issue some Youtubers like Gamers Nexus https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChIs72whgZI9w6d6FhwGGHA and cross the fingers, that they'll talk about that issue 😉

I already let him know.

BillBittel
Level 12
Gamer's Nexus might be better. He loves tearing into manufacturers for issues like this.