cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus dark hero startup issue ?

karlosfandango
Level 9
Hi all
I have a Asus Crosshair VIII DarkHhero ...with an AMD 5900X , 32gb of Gskils ram

Had a few times over last few months since recieving board where the system wont power on.
You press power switch on case and nothing .
You press power button on motherboard ...nothing ....and its lit up white ...all rgb is working ( on when powered off )
If i turn off PSU and back then power it back on ...system boots fine.
It can then be fine for say 4 weeks ...then happen out the blue again.
Was ok with old motherboard....so only things that have changed is MB and CPU.

Tried reflashing bios back to earlier version ...no different.
Had new graphics card since last time so rules that out.
Tried taking ram sticks out ...no difference.

Seems starnge how can run for weeks without issue ( but dont use it every day )

Im using an EVGA supernova 850W PSU.

Not major issue as all have to do is power off PSU and all good again ...but got to be something wrong.
Asus say sounds like something tripping PSU protection ...will have to try unpluging 24 pin and 8 pin cables next time , then plug back in to see if motherboard or psu .

Any help most appreciated.
Karl
638 REPLIES 638

Still no update on this issue....
Asus must do more to address this problem.
Look at the forum, this thread is BY FAR the most viewed, most commented, most discussed topic of ALL issues relating to their ENTIRE range of X570 boards.
This has got to be the largest scale issue that I have personally witnessed in a motherboard range, I mean there literally must be thousands of cases.

So come one Asus, how much longer do you want to damage your reputation?
It will only grow and spread from here, if this issue is not addressed promptly, reputation and sales will suffer

JBROG87 wrote:
Still no update on this issue....
Asus must do more to address this problem.
Look at the forum, this thread is BY FAR the most viewed, most commented, most discussed topic of ALL issues relating to their ENTIRE range of X570 boards.
This has got to be the largest scale issue that I have personally witnessed in a motherboard range, I mean there literally must be thousands of cases.

So come one Asus, how much longer do you want to damage your reputation?
It will only grow and spread from here, if this issue is not addressed promptly, reputation and sales will suffer

I've sent my Dark Hero back to amazon for a full refund as i could not see this issue being sorted out, i put my Asus B550-E board back in my PC now it runs perfect again, so glad i never sold that!

So.
I've got the same issue described multiple times in this thread.

Crosshair VIII Dark Hero with 5950X.

First time it was when i just assembled my new setup and it's just didn't want to start. So eventually by turning on and off multiple times, being nervous a bit i managed to start it.
I always leave my PC sleeping and i started to notice, that after sometime it's also don't want to start and only turning PSU off for ~10 sec(until LEDs are shut) helps.

outofdate wrote:
So.
I've got the same issue described multiple times in this thread.

Crosshair VIII Dark Hero with 5950X.

First time it was when i just assembled my new setup and it's just didn't want to start. So eventually by turning on and off multiple times, being nervous a bit i managed to start it.
I always leave my PC sleeping and i started to notice, that after sometime it's also don't want to start and only turning PSU off for ~10 sec(until LEDs are shut) helps.

Yea one way to tell if the system has a bad sleep is if you have rgb ram and the lights go out instead of staying on. That's if you keep lights on for standby mode in bios. It does the same **** for sleep and shutdown. Some error is occuring with either the bios or hardware causing it to error for both of these processes.

D-Rocky wrote:
Yea one way to tell if the system has a bad sleep is if you have rgb ram and the lights go out instead of staying on. That's if you keep lights on for standby mode in bios. It does the same **** for sleep and shutdown. Some error is occuring with either the bios or hardware causing it to error for both of these processes.

Yeah, thing with LED as indication also works.

I also trying DOCP setting suggested here right now. Will see how it goes.

D-Rocky wrote:

I've been battling this issue for months, read every post and tried every method, no fix. RMA the board is the way to go.

Hi together,

i have this MB nearly a month now. Had the same problem you guys describe. After the newest Bios update (3904) i had no problems for nearly 7 days. But starting 3 days ago it resurfaced. i have it daily now...

i also can confirm: you can see if the mainboard has a bad sleepstate if the rgb lights on the mainboard are not working anymore (if activated in bios).

Other than this issue, the board is functioning well and everything else works great. This is just a super annoyance to have on an expensive board. My tower is on my desk and my psu switch is super easy to reach when my shutdown and subsequent power ups fail. Can imagine for some people where they would have to crawl on floor to reach their psu switch would get even more annoyed then me. lol Hey ASUS this isn't a rare occurrence and is a plague with these series of boards, give us details please!

No luck with DOCP settings to fix startup issue.