cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus dark hero startup issue ?

karlosfandango
Level 9
Hi all
I have a Asus Crosshair VIII DarkHhero ...with an AMD 5900X , 32gb of Gskils ram

Had a few times over last few months since recieving board where the system wont power on.
You press power switch on case and nothing .
You press power button on motherboard ...nothing ....and its lit up white ...all rgb is working ( on when powered off )
If i turn off PSU and back then power it back on ...system boots fine.
It can then be fine for say 4 weeks ...then happen out the blue again.
Was ok with old motherboard....so only things that have changed is MB and CPU.

Tried reflashing bios back to earlier version ...no different.
Had new graphics card since last time so rules that out.
Tried taking ram sticks out ...no difference.

Seems starnge how can run for weeks without issue ( but dont use it every day )

Im using an EVGA supernova 850W PSU.

Not major issue as all have to do is power off PSU and all good again ...but got to be something wrong.
Asus say sounds like something tripping PSU protection ...will have to try unpluging 24 pin and 8 pin cables next time , then plug back in to see if motherboard or psu .

Any help most appreciated.
Karl
638 REPLIES 638

stixix
Level 7
Yes I face the same issue with CMK32GX4M2B3200C16 -

I have not tested it without RAM - remember this is periodically and I have to remove the CPU heat sink when removing the RAM, so this i not an easy task.

I can confirm that when the computer doesn't turn on, there is no q-led or beep codes. There is light in the START button on the MB - nothing happens if I press power button or START button directly on MB. After I turn off PSU and back on, I get a regular boot without any beep codes - and the q-led cycles through it's standard codes until boot successfully.

/stig

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi stixix,

I'm afraid our tech team cannot duplicate this issue with the ROG CROSSHAIR VIII DARK HERO motherboard on hand.
Have you replaced other power supply but faced the same issue?
Thank you

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi stixix,

I'm afraid our tech team cannot duplicate this issue with the ROG CROSSHAIR VIII DARK HERO motherboard on hand.
Have you replaced other power supply but faced the same issue?
Thank you

Replaced with a be quiet! SFX-L Power 600W PSU - Even worse. This time it didn't power on until I hit the clear cmos button. and

What to do? I live in DK, and I am covered by Danish warranty - So if you can confirm that it is defective, I can contact the shop for a replacement.

/stig

Hi I have the exact same problem as many other users have reported either on this thread or on other forums.
The problem clearly comes from the board. Many of us including me changed the power supply, the ram, some even the CPU and the problem was still there.
All I have to do is turn the toggle switch from the psu to on/off and everything works and overclocks fine.

The question is: Will a Bios Update Fix the issue, should we RMA the board right now?

Thanks

Vpazz wrote:
Hi I have the exact same problem as many other users have reported either on this thread or on other forums.
The problem clearly comes from the board. Many of us including me changed the power supply, the ram, some even the CPU and the problem was still there.
All I have to do is turn the toggle switch from the psu to on/off and everything works and overclocks fine.

The question is: Will a Bios Update Fix the issue, should we RMA the board right now?

Thanks

I 99% believe a bios update cannot fix this, as we are talking about the very first thing a board does when turning on - even before anything from the bios kicks in.

In regards to RMA - I really think they should acknowledge that they have some faulty boards, so people like us will stay faithful to the brand. I have been buying Asus products for as long as I remember - and I always recommend it whenever I'm consulted - hopefully I'll be able to continue doing this going forward.

KotOr368
Level 9
You should try search Asus Dominus Extreme problems. 2000 USD Board. First batch has misplaced two resistors and in certain conditions refuse to boot. And i never heard that Asus put out statement yea we F*up so sent it back for repair.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi stixix,

Could you please send the motherboard to the retailer and then send it to our service center for further examination?
May I have the RMA number via PM after sent it to our service center?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi stixix,

Could you please send the motherboard to the retailer and then send it to our service center for further examination?
May I have the RMA number via PM after sent it to our service center?
Thank you.

@Starrain any news yet?

Vpazz wrote:
@Starrain any news yet?

Just shipped off my MB yesterday ...

/stig

Wake after sleep is working again after about 9 hours. And the nightly WOL wake worked. Looks like ErP fixed it - crossing fingers 😉

SN: 04421A2478F0 @SATA ports or right next to the RAM slots: 888264 - 00811 - MB1760 - B13 3601