cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS AMD Drivers Don't Support Vulkan - G713QR

wifisucks
Level 7
I installed Doom 2016 recently and have been trying to play it with Vulkan in order to get better performance. I have found that the drivers supplied through the MyAsus app and the ones that windows force updates don't support vulkan and prevent the game from running. However, the drivers that are installed through AMD's own auto-detect tool, and the adrenaline software do support Vulkan.

The issue however then becomes that when I've downloaded the drivers from AMD's tool instead of Asus, windows will then force update the drivers back to the non-vulkan supporting ones and also gimps the AMD adrenaline software that otherwise would provide updates.

This is very frustrating. I don't understand how the Asus drivers don't support Vulkan, is there a reason for that or is it just that they do very poorly with designating up-to-date drivers for their laptops?

I'm going to try to block the installation of these drivers with the windows show/hide app but I hope this is addressed in a more official way.

Specs: ASUS G713QR(2021), RTX3070, Ryzen 9 5900HX, 16gb.
10 REPLIES 10

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi wifisucks,
Have you tried NVIDIA Graphic Driver V27.21.14.6173 and AMD Graphic V27.20.14044.2001 from our support site?
May I have the following information?
- the serial number of the laptop via PM
- the bios version
- OS version and OS build
- the driver version it works
Thank you.