cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus 790 Maximus Extreme Motherboard Cancelled? Asus Please Respond

grycrssy12
Level 7
Has Asus stopped the production and sale of the Asus 790 Maximus Extreme?

I am interested in purchasing the Asus 790 Maximus Extreme motherboard. It is currently sold out at all of your resellers. I have contacted them and they don't know when they will get more in stock and they are not taking back orders.

I contacted the online chat customer service and they told me that they will no longer be selling the motherboard on your online store.

I then contacted sales at Asus and they told me that Asus is no longer manufacturing or producing the 790 Maximus Extreme motherboard.

Is that correct? Has Asus cancelled the 790 Maximus Extreme motherboard?
10 REPLIES 10

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, grycrssy12.

Thank you for your interest, and we apologize for the difficulty.
Please contact your local dealer for sales channel and inventory confirmation, their response shall be considered to prevail.

Thank you.

Jiaszzz_ROG

Your response is not appropriate, of which I am finding a lot at ASUS these days.  I purchased a z790 Extreme a little over a month ago from Newegg and the board had arrived damaged.  I have since returned the board to Newegg for a full refund after being told by ASUS that the damage was "customer induced" and that you weren't willing to send me a replacement part for the board to fix the damage.  This was not only largely inconvenient, but the response has greatly offended me as I did nothing but open the box and found the damage.  Further, by me returning it to Newegg, it's just going to get shipped back to ASUS as a damaged goods anyways, so in the end, the result is that you are still going to have to deal with the damaged board.  All ASUS accomplished here was just further souring our relationship.  Never in my life have I felt so disrespected by a company of which I've spent 10's of thousands of dollars with throughout my career in professional computing.

To make matters worse, the motherboard is out of stock at Newegg, as well as all your other distributors and has been for the past 6 weeks.  Something I found even more strange was that when I had contacted ASUS regarding the damage to my board, the technicians I spoke with had told me that this board had been discontinued, much like what the gentlemen in this forum and on many other forums have been saying upon reaching out to ASUS.  I have since called back a 2nd time to ASUS and was again told that this board had been discontinued.  It makes no sense that for the past 6 weeks your website has said NOTHING regarding any recalls nor discontinuation for this board, and it's the companies flagship motherboard...  I then called back a 3rd time regarding this and asked to speak with a manager.  I eventually got through to a supervisor and explained everything.  He said, "No, this board is not discontinued, what do you mean?!!?!?  This is our most powerful board at the moment, why would we be discontinuing this and who is telling you these things?".  I about fell out of my chair laughing because it's your own people that are telling consumers this!

Fast forward another 3 weeks to today, and the case builds even further that the discontinuation of the z790 is real.  I've been refreshing 5 of your distributors websites over the past 3 weeks and just now today I saw that BHPhotovideo.com officially lists on their website that this board has been "DISCONTINUED".  I then did some more searching and found another distributor that also lists this board as "DISCONTINUED".

At this point, someone as ASUS needs to step up to the plate and communicate to the consumers what's really going on here.  It's very concerning and disappointing that not only is there a ton of miscommunication within ASUS' internal teams, but that on a support forum such as this, we have a moderator telling consumers to check with sales channels because the sales channels response shall be considered to prevail.  If what you say here is true, then I guess this board really is discontinued because more and more of the sales channels are listing it as discontinued.

At this point, I am just going to switch to another company for my motherboard and future technology needs.  ASUS has proven to have lost it's integrity, already lost all it's U.S. based support, and has such poor internal communication (or lack thereof) that nobody knows anything anymore.  It was a good ride while it lasted ASUS.

R.I.P.

Braegnok
Level 14
Newegg will have the Z790 Extreme back in stock on 2/17/2023, they have two Z790 Apex in stock now,.. https://www.newegg.com/asus-rog-maximus-z790-extreme/p/N82E16813119608

ag368
Level 9

I noticed that the motherboard has been marked as out of stock at Newegg and at B&H, they have now marked it as being discontinued. Is Asus working on a successor flagship motherboard for their Z790 line or is the item just temporarily out of stock? I want to build a powerful workstation PC and this motherboard seems to offer the most M.2 slots available without affecting the use of any of the expansion slots on the motherboard (with the exception of one of the M.2 slots I believe).

Your best bet is to get the z790 hero the rest of the maximum Apex and extreme or discontinued they might come out with different color but I highly doubt it now I'm waiting for the 14th gen to come out

FireRx
Level 11

yeah I've been searching for the motherboard too. it's not even on the Asus sit eto purchase, Which is why I came here for Clarity.

Intel Core i9 103900KS
Asus Maximus Z790 Extreme [bios 1801]
LG (34U97-s) Monitor 3440 x1440
Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Windows 11 Pro
64gbz Memory

ag368
Level 9

I don't understand why an Asus rep doesn't respond to this forum post to let us know what's going on. I am already hearing reports from YouTube vloggers that a higher amount of Asus boards are being received by consumers as DOA. The lack of attention to customer service all-round has me seriously considering a different mfg board at this point.

What a shame

FireRx
Level 11

I managed to get one finally. those out there in the wild are dwindling fast, and at a much higher price point.  You're lucky if you can find one in the $1500 range. and the rest don't even bother. outlandish prices. 

Intel Core i9 103900KS
Asus Maximus Z790 Extreme [bios 1801]
LG (34U97-s) Monitor 3440 x1440
Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Windows 11 Pro
64gbz Memory