cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Claymore 2 doomed or am I really unlucky ?

feuxeu77
Level 8
Hi

I am looking for advice/experience regarding Claymore 2 keyboard. I bought 2 of them 1 year ago (1 blue, 1 red) at 2 weeks interval. So far, everything was OK.

Last week, the blue one "died". L, O and Fn keys suddendly stopped working => OK, unhappy but these things happen... => Back to the shop for warranty - Have to wait 3 weeks now...

Yesterday, the red one "died". 2 fulls rows of keys suddendly stopped working (QWERTY and the next one) apart from few keys (], end, page down, ...)

I am now very unhappy... These 2 keyboard were used by different people with completely different usage so it's not because of the way they were used.

I tried to reset the keyboard (Fn+Esc) for the red one, I tried updating firmware, testing on another computer, etc.... for both of them. Nothing worked

Anyone else experiencing such issue with Claymore 2 ? And found a solution may be ?

To be honest, I had terrible experience with ROG this last year: 1 Strix laptop under repair because of random BSOD when idle (fine in Turbo mode), now 2 Claymore dead... Considering the price tag and my previous experiences with ROG, I was not expecting this at all.

Thx
2 REPLIES 2

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi feuxeu77,
If you have made sure firmware updated but some keys still not working, please consult retailer for warranty.
Thank you.

M1r077
Level 8
I totally get your feeling , I'm a ROG fan since 2006 and baught several laptops and peripherals and never experienced issues that wouldn't be solved by after sale service.

I purchased one ROG Claymore II and a ROG Strix TKL last year in may and June and for some reason this exact same issue happened as per your red one : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?130894-ROG-Claymore-II-Certain-keys-not-working&p=875542#p...

Unfortunately , for some odd reasons, Asus product have only 1 year of warranty in the Philippines, where I work since last year, and this issue happenned 2 month after the end of the warranty.
If I would have purchased my keyboard in Switzerland, where I'm from and where I usually buy my product , I would have had two years of warranty, I'm really disapointed as, like you, I was not expecting this as ASUS ROG product allways have been of stunning quality and longevity, I'm still using a G752VS that performs quite well for his age.

If someone find a fix for this that would be awsome.

Best regards to all