cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apex overclocking Issues

thewebsiteisdow
Level 9
Hello,

I have a 2021 batch Apex that I've been having issues with support wise in regard to it being not able to run anything over 5800Mhz memory speed. I have QVL approved memory that is 6400Mhz rated Team force flavor. I have purchased 3 different CPU's and three different memory kits to try to alleviate these issues to no avail so far. I started seeing issues mentioned like the ones I'm having online after starting to dig into the issue myself which is time consuming as you could imagine. Here's a buildzoid video, well renowned reviewer complaining of the same issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRw-RXd93Dc&feature=emb_title

I also started noticing that Asus employees like @safedisk were sending " certain " people online, Engineering Samples of the motherboard
" Apex " handpicked that could magically do 7000+ Mhz memory speed that were happening to have the same issues at the time people started noticing these issues similar to mine, I'm sure some of these people just reached out to Asus directly instead of posting online about it first but, some customers / people of the community have posted online first not being Normals to Asus's special people community yet.

I opened up a rma in regard to my motherboard about the same time I started noticing this to get it replaced as have others in my shoes with this motherboard. I've been getting attacked online by certain users quiet viciously about these issues recently. Mostly by people who seem to have been sent nice new free ES motherboards. Has anyone else noticed this peculiar behavior?

I right now as it stands have been offered a full refund for the motherboard but, have asked instead that it be fixed / replaced. I have yet to hear anything back about the replacement / fix for it today and figured I'd start asking on here if anyone else has had similar experience with this motherboard as of recently?

Thank you for your opinions / contribution to this inquiry.
8 REPLIES 8

Superino091
Level 8
asus support is like the latest garbage motherboards,
a serious company should make a call especially for the Apex.
It sells everything overpriced but gives painful assistance.
but get the refund that you don't care that it is repaired you were lucky.
think i had called asus support is the technician didn't know the apex had two ram slots.
I hope that the next generation nobody buys Asus at least they start to have respect for their customers who pay them their salary

thewebsiteisdow
Level 9
I've been getting silenced hard everywhere about it now too. The issues are not going away try as you may. Two weeks and still no motherboard replacement or repair from asus and now stores are out everywhere. People on overlock.net are taking notice despite admins and paid users trolling hard.

thewebsiteisdow
Level 9
Asus is replacing my unit!

Thank you Asus! I appreciate the help seriously. Your team here, took care of me and I greatly appreciate it.

thewebsiteisdow
Level 9
Is there anyway for me to get your team to get me an update on the status of my rma? People are receiving shipping notifications and I have yet to receive an update on my rma status?

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi thewebsiteisdown,
May I have the serial number and RMA number via PM?
I'll inform our local team to check the RMA status.
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi thewebsiteisdown,
May I have the serial number and RMA number via PM?
I'll inform our local team to check the RMA status.
Thank you.

I still have yet to receive a tracking number for my motherboard replacement. I know that other people were sent new ones instead of refurbs at this point. I'd really like to have your team get me a replacement sent out please. My status still shows as repair on the rma tracking site despite me being told that they determined my board is defective via email and that they would be getting me a replacement motherboard of the same model sent out.

Thank you for your time on this issue as always.

thewebsiteisdow
Level 9
I got the tracking number today after posting here! Thank you guys!

@thewebsiteisdow wrote:
I got the tracking number today after posting here! Thank you guys!

Did you ever receive the replacement?

I have a crappy Z690 Apex that I have no hope of ever getting replaced with one that actually works correctly. It won't run Hynix A-die memory modules higher than 6800 stable (or even boot for that matter) that run 24/7 stable in my EVGA Z690 Dark motherboard at 8200 with tight timings. I have two pairs of Hynix A-die that run stable at 8200 on the Dark that the Apex can't run any faster than 6800. I have a pair of Hynix M-die modules that run stable at 7000 with tight timings on the Dark that will only run 6400 stable with sloppy loose timings.

Wraith // EVGA Z690 Dark K|NGP|N | 13900K | RTX 4090 Suprim | 32GB DDR5 Hynix A-DIE @8200 | SuperNOVA 1600 P2 | HC-500A Chiller | MO-RA3 360 || DG-86
Banshee // ROG Z690 Apex | 13900KF | RTX 3090 K|INGP|N | 32GB DDR5 Hynix A-DIE @ 6800 | Corsair RM122x SHIFT | XT-45 NOVA || 5000D Airflow
Half-Breed // Precision 17 7720 | 7920HQ (BGA filth) | Quadro P5000 16GB (MXM) | 32GB DDR4 || Grade A Off-Lease Refurb