cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMD Ryzen 7000 series AM5 fTPM stuttering when enable

Mazbury
Level 8
Hi,

Just recently purchased a Asus B650e-e gaming, 7600x and kingston DDR5 KF560C40BBK2-16 two 8gb modules, running with a rx5700xt at the moment but have a rx6800xt to put in, I'm running on windows 10 pro 22H2, With fTMP enabled in bios 0821 I get random stuttering/slow down and sometimes audio loss with this enable when playing games.

I can be playing for an hour or two hours then i get stuttering and extreme slow down. With afterburner overlay running I can see my cpu temps frame rate etc and everything looks normal but the pc feels like it's running really slow.

With fTPM disable in the bios it works fine no stuttering or audio loss and I can play games for hours, So I guess this is still an issues with AMD and has not been fixed in the latest AM5 processors, From what I can see searching on the internet this was also an issues with AM4.

Is anyone else getting the same issue with fTPM enable.

Also the whole Asus lineup of motherboards for Ryzen 7000 cpu's apart from the prime series none of them have a TPM pin header fitted they all use AMD fTPM which doesn't work it causes stuttering and slow/down.

If you look at the other manufacturers like msi, gigabyte they all have TPM spi headers fitted so if you want to use an aftermarket TPM and bypass the intergrated one in the amd cpu you can.

I feel this was a big mistake on Asus part, if this never gets fixed by Asus/AMD where does this leave people that want to move onto windows 11 that have brought one of these motherboards with the broken fTPM. Windows 11 requires TPM 2.0 support.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/enable-tpm-2-0-on-your-pc-1fd5a332-360d-4f46-a1e7-ae6b0c...

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-410

Thanks
Chris
1 REPLY 1

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, Mazbury.

Thank you for reaching out.
In order to help you report and confirm the details between ROG STRIX B650E-E GAMING WIFI, BIOS 0821, and AMD CPUs, please share the following information:
- the serial numbers of your motherboard via pm
- the content of the setting in BIOS (or whether it is the default)
- the brand and model name of the CPU, DRAM, GPU, and PSU currently installed
- the OS build in your current usage

Thank you.
Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂