cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.7 for Crosshair 7 Hero

DJ_Asthma
Level 8
Was wondering if there will be an updated uefi for the crosshair 7 hero (x470) boards, as the strix line got theirs and i thought they would be released together?
37 REPLIES 37

bogdanr wrote:
I've already ordered another motherboard from another oem. Unfortunately this is the only way to protest. I would understand if this was not a break/fix type of update but it is ... I cannot properly use my computer without the update so bye bye Asus.

can't blame ya tbh. I'm probably going to just ride this out, however I will literally never buy an Asus product again. It would be one thing if this were a few years old of the cheapest budget SKU, but this is the flagship product for the category. It's just basic business sense to treat flagship products with the utmost priority, that's the entire reason you go flagship for a product like a motherboard, for the highest quality components and support.

The components have been great for me on this board, not gonna lie, but this lack of support on such an important update have utterly lost me as a customer. Next build will be literally any other brand.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi all,
I'm afraid it would take longer time to test and validate for AGESA update bios, and our tach team are working on it.
The estimated time is changed to the middle of August.
If there is any delay, we will keep you updated and please keep an eye on our official site.
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi all,
I'm afraid it would take longer time to test and validate for AGESA update bios, and our tach team are working on it.
The estimated time is changed to the middle of August.
If there is any delay, we will keep you updated and please keep an eye on our official site.
Thank you.

Appreciate the update, not going to take it out on you here, but this entire situation surrounding the update support here is losing customers and destroying brand loyalty, and this is a flagship tier product nonetheless.

In general I only blame the managers and above, so no vitriol directed at public relations who can only send approved messages at approved times, and I have no reason to assume the coders/devs are making any mistakes here other than being demanded to cut corners for the sake of business.

This would be like apple withholding important security updates from their current pro max series iPhone while putting updates out for the discount SE model first and putting out vague appologies after far too much silence. The update being so slow to begin with is the real problem, but updating the lower SKUs first is just adding insult to the injury.

Again, the vitriol here isn't at all personally directed at you or anyone without the capacity to actually change this, but I do know that these types of complaints and feedback can eventually work its way up the chain so that's the goal here. Hope you personally have a nice day though 🙂

DJ_Asthma
Level 8
Crosshair 7 hero just got the bios update today, will be testing now

UPDATE: so far so good, have to redo my ram timings, but will provide an update after i have used it for a week.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi all,
The latest ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO BIOS 4901 was released.
https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-vii-hero-model/helpdesk_bios/
"1. Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.7.
2. Improve system stability
3. Fix AMD fTPM issue causes random stuttering.

Please visit our support site to download bios if you would like to update it.
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi all,
The latest ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO BIOS 4901 was released.
https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-vii-hero-model/helpdesk_bios/
"1. Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.7.
2. Improve system stability
3. Fix AMD fTPM issue causes random stuttering.

Please visit our support site to download bios if you would like to update it.
Thank you.

Holy. Thank you!

Great update. Fixed the issues i was having with windows 11. The performance in games and apps is a lot better, no more stupid stuttering.