cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A-volute and Nahimic stuff not getting fetched automatically, thereby causing problem

Sahaj
Level 7
On both windows 10 and 11, when you install audio drivers from ASUS package, windows no longer fetches software components by its own. They now appear under "Optional Updates". I have been using Z490-E since january 2021, and I clearly remember that windows update used to fetch nahimic media and avolute software components by itself. They would appear under drivers in the installed updates section.

If you won't download them, your sonic studio will give timeout error whenever you boot from windows fastboot.

Also another problem only on windows 11: Games are modifying realtek control panel amplifier setting and setting it to lowest. The entire option just disappears. It comes back only if I do retasking of audio jack.

See more here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117596-DRIVERS-Realtek-Audio-(MB-Intel-2xx-3xx-4xx-5xx-6xx...
67 REPLIES 67

Thanks for replying. It is a benign issue for me anyway. Any update on amplifier issue?

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Sahaj,
Our tech team still co-work with Realtek to investigate the amplifier issue.
I'll keep you updated if there is any news.
Thank you.

Dear, it has been quite a while now. I was expecting a faster resolution. I'm still on windows 10 just because of this thing.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Sahaj,
Our tech team still co-work with Realtek to investigate the amplifier issue.
I'll keep you updated if there is any news.
Thank you.

Will this ever be fixed?

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Sahaj,
It is Nahimic related issue, so we are waiting for Nahimic to improve it.
Thank you.

Esskay
Level 7
Just came to say that I got the same issue on my ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING. Amplify level is not there unless I re-plug my earphones.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Esskay,
I'm afraid the issue is still under analysis.
Thank you.

Esskay
Level 7
Hello,
It seems like the issue is slightly "fixed"? The amplify level shows most of the time but is reset to "Performance" every time I boot up my PC.

Also, I don't know if this is actually Sonic studio 3 that is causing this but, When I set my EQ and play a game, I sometimes get a huge stutter and audio drop out.

Esskay wrote:
Hello,
It seems like the issue is slightly "fixed"? The amplify level shows most of the time but is reset to "Performance" every time I boot up my PC.

Also, I don't know if this is actually Sonic studio 3 that is causing this but, When I set my EQ and play a game, I sometimes get a huge stutter and audio drop out.

Not for me.

Nahimic stills crashing when opening Conan Exiles so Amplify level is gone.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi all,
Our tech team have checked it with Realtek, some specific games will make amplify level option disappeared or cannot be adjusted.
The issue is caused by the games and cannot fixed from our side.
Thank you.