cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A-volute and Nahimic stuff not getting fetched automatically, thereby causing problem

Sahaj
Level 7
On both windows 10 and 11, when you install audio drivers from ASUS package, windows no longer fetches software components by its own. They now appear under "Optional Updates". I have been using Z490-E since january 2021, and I clearly remember that windows update used to fetch nahimic media and avolute software components by itself. They would appear under drivers in the installed updates section.

If you won't download them, your sonic studio will give timeout error whenever you boot from windows fastboot.

Also another problem only on windows 11: Games are modifying realtek control panel amplifier setting and setting it to lowest. The entire option just disappears. It comes back only if I do retasking of audio jack.

See more here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117596-DRIVERS-Realtek-Audio-(MB-Intel-2xx-3xx-4xx-5xx-6xx...
67 REPLIES 67

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi cuentaaaa12 and all,
Our tech have found it is same amplify level issue with the competitor's motherboard, so we have sent feedback to Realtek for further analysis.
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi cuentaaaa12 and all,
Our tech have found it is same amplify level issue with the competitor's motherboard, so we have sent feedback to Realtek for further analysis.
Thank you.

Interesting.

Thanks to all those who appeared in this thread. Finally, we're about to get this **** fixed.:D

Btw Sonic studio not opening problem is still there. I have been observing it for the past few days and have found something of interest. It seems when the PC up time(as shown in task manager) crosses 1 day or so and you've turned it on via Fast Startup, this problem occurs. The nahimic service is running however it needs to be restarted to fix it, which can be done by either restarting whole PC or restarting this particular service. Could you please look into it? Mokichu, you too.

Edit: I have noticed one more thing. Reliability monitor shows DtsApo4Service.exe crashes every time just before my PC enters restart process. This doesn't cause any issues though. Still, guys, can you check your reliability monitor just after restart? It may not update the logs immediately sometimes, so do keep this in mind. Note the time of restart and check back after some hours.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Sahaj,
May I have a video about the Sonic studio not opening issue you mentioned?
Does is also occurs on bios 2403 with bios all default settings and reinstall Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.9244.1 from our support site?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Sahaj,
May I have a video about the Sonic studio not opening issue you mentioned?
Does is also occurs on bios 2403 with bios all default settings and reinstall Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.9244.1 from our support site?
Thank you.

I had to restart my PC today due to windows update. I will try to reproduce this issue tomorrow.

https://youtu.be/LhpAaHZggGI

Okay, here is the video. It is more likely to happen when PC uptime is more. But once it happens, it will not get fixed unless you restart. I mean to say if you shut down your system and again turn it on via Fast startup, sonic studio would still give timeout error. And this issue never occurs with fast startup off. I don't use Sonic Studio's functionality though so I'm not that bothered to get it fixed. At the time of this video my PC uptime was 4 hours.

As you can see, sonic studio gives time-out error but nahimic service is reportedly running. If I restart the service again, SS3 starts working again. This happens only when Fast startup is on but may not happen for many hours. Once it occurs, it can only be fixed by restarting PC or service.

This issue occurs on all official sound drivers as per my testing.

Edit: And here is the video for DtsApo4Service.exe crash in Reliability Monitor. https://youtu.be/P1e_d-0Gh_Y

As you can see, Reliability monitor reports this item crashing everytime just before PC attempts to restart. No crashes are reported when PC is on.

Sahaj wrote:

Edit: And here is the video for DtsApo4Service.exe crash in Reliability Monitor. https://youtu.be/P1e_d-0Gh_Y

As you can see, Reliability monitor reports this item crashing everytime just before PC attempts to restart. No crashes are reported when PC is on.

Mokichu told me that DTS SWC is no longer used in the drivers. I have downloaded the latest drivers provided by him and this issue seems to have been fixed. I suggest ASUS to update the official drivers on Z490-E page.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Sahaj,
Thank you for your video.
May I have the driver version you got from Mokichu? Does it also fix the timeout error?
Do you get the timeout error everytime you turn on the pc over 4 hours? or have to turn on the pc over 1 day?
May I have the OS version &OS build you are using and the serial number of the motherboard via PM?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Sahaj,
Thank you for your video.
May I have the driver version you got from Mokichu? Does it also fix the timeout error?
Do you get the timeout error everytime you turn on the pc over 4 hours? or have to turn on the pc over 1 day?
May I have the OS version &OS build you are using and the serial number of the motherboard via PM?
Thank you.

Driver version 6.0.9338.1 WHQL [12/04/2022]

No it does not fix the timeout error. My PC uptime is 1 day again and the timeout error bug has shown up now. Timeout bug can happen any time but it is more likely to happen when PC is turned on after long hours via fast startup, in my experience. Will send PM shortly

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Sahaj,
Thank you for your reply.
I'll consult our tech team more about this.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Sahaj,
Sorry for late reply.
I'm afraid our tech team cannot reproduce the Sonic Studio 3 timeout and DtsApo4Service.exe crashing issues.
Please follow the steps below to try reinstall the audio driver and Sonic Studio 3 to check Sonic Studio 3 and Reliability Monitor again.

1. uninstall the audio driver in control panel
2. start menu > right click to uninstall Sonic Studio3 and Sonic Radar3
3. restart the pc and open Armoury Crate to install the audio driver 6.0.9088.1
4. restart the pc after reinstall the audio driver and keep internet connection to wait Sonic Studio 3 auto installation. Don't install Sonic Studio in Microsoft store or other place.
5. disable auto update in Microsoft store and stop windows update.

Thank you.