cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4090 Strix OC vBios Update Error

speeduae
Level 7
Am having a problem updating the vbios of my strix oc 4090 to V1 that was published on the 24th of Oct on the 4090 strix oc support page - after executing the vbios update file, i get this error "Get current version is null". I currently using windows 11 22h2 with 7950x and x670e extreme mobo (bios 0705). does anyone know how to solve this problem?

45 REPLIES 45

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi tommy7600,
The update is to improve compatibility and stability.
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi tommy7600,
The update is to improve compatibility and stability.
Thank you.

Hi,
the update was succesful BUT now when I cold boot my system I HAVE NO SPLASH SCREEN nor BIOS access. I only get signal when Windows has started.

When I reboot, then I can see the BIOS splash screen...

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Apollo AsPy,
Doe it only occur when boot after turn the PSU off and on?
In addition to bios update, is there any component, version or setting changed?
Does it happen whether with DP or HDMI connecting to 4090 card? also happens when connecting to iGPU?
Does it also occur on bios 0809 with bios all default settings(no OC and no EXPO) or only CSM enabled?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Apollo AsPy,
Doe it only occur when boot after turn the PSU off and on?
In addition to bios update, is there any component, version or setting changed?
Does it happen whether with DP or HDMI connecting to 4090 card? also happens when connecting to iGPU?
Does it also occur on bios 0809 with bios all default settings(no OC and no EXPO) or only CSM enabled?
Thank you.

It occurs when I turn off my PC and turn it on a while later WITHOUT touching the PSU (it stays connected)
It happens with DP, with 2 monitors attached DP1 and DP2 (did not happen with previous BIOS)
My MB is 0809, with light customized BIOS (eco mode and curve optimizer). I dont use CSM, UEFI only since my previous system (AM4 and now AM5, always only UEFI)

Apollo AsPy wrote:
It occurs when I turn off my PC and turn it on a while later WITHOUT touching the PSU (it stays connected)
It happens with DP, with 2 monitors attached DP1 and DP2 (did not happen with previous BIOS)
My MB is 0809, with light customized BIOS (eco mode and curve optimizer). I dont use CSM, UEFI only since my previous system (AM4 and now AM5, always only UEFI)

Now I am home, and my PC started as before, with BIOS splash screen...
This is the first time, I did not change anything...
The problem is inconsistent.
Will keep you posted

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Apollo AsPy,
Thank you for your reply.
Hope everything is good with you.