cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4090 Strix OC vBios Update Error

speeduae
Level 7
Am having a problem updating the vbios of my strix oc 4090 to V1 that was published on the 24th of Oct on the 4090 strix oc support page - after executing the vbios update file, i get this error "Get current version is null". I currently using windows 11 22h2 with 7950x and x670e extreme mobo (bios 0705). does anyone know how to solve this problem?

45 REPLIES 45

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi zekkragnos,
Thanks you for sharing.

Hi all,
Vbios v2 was released. Please visit our support site to download it if needed.
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi zekkragnos,
Thanks you for sharing.

Hi all,
Thank you.

Hi there, you say "download it if needed" but when do I know if I need it. There is no change log.

I have a strix 4090 oc and it's working fine, as a best-practice I like to update to the newest bios, but without clear reasons why, I dont see the point.

Please share the changes with us. Thanks!

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi zekkragnos,
Thanks you for sharing.

Hi all,
Thank you.
Â*

Hi

I was update 4090 strix oc with 4090-V1 before and now I download the new one 4090_V2 but it’s say “your graphics card doesn’t need to update VBIOS!”

How to do?

Thanks by the way.

vajiravudh77 wrote:
Â*

Hi

I was update 4090 strix oc with 4090-V1 before and now I download the new one 4090_V2 but it’s say “your graphics card doesn’t need to update VBIOS!�

How to do?

Thanks by the way.

V1 and v2 have the same new VBIOS. V2 is only new tool that resolved issue on machines where the v1 didn't work. So you are good with V1. It's only new tool revision, not the VBIOS version. You have the newest VBIOS already installed.

tommy7600 wrote:
V1 and v2 have the same new VBIOS. V2 is only new tool that resolved issue on machines where the v1 didn't work. So you are good with V1. It's only new tool revision, not the VBIOS version. You have the newest VBIOS already installed.

Thankyou very much.

tommy7600
Level 10
Hi,
do you plan to release the the bios update for TUF OC as well?

EDIT:

There is v2 under Windows 11 in drivers. There is no separate tab for bioses as it was last time.

tommy7600
Level 10
V2 worked with TUF OC 🙂 Is there any change log about what changed regarding new BIOS?

tommy7600
Level 10
The changelog from website:

Version V2
2022/11/07 10.75 MBytes

Bios update tool
Update VBIOS to improve compatibility.

Name: RTX4090_V2.exe
Size: 11268144 bytes (10 MiB)
SHA256: D2332FE244976882724A654CF1889F2A707913B04036C9B75AF764E5841373B7

but what `Update VBIOS to improve compatibility.` means I don't know

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi tommy7600 and pt0x.mail,
The new vbios is mainly to fix the previous update fail issue.
For the new vbios update, if there is no issue with the current version, it is not necessary to update vbios.
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi tommy7600 and pt0x.mail,
The new vbios is mainly to fix the previous update fail issue.
For the new vbios update, if there is no issue with the current version, it is not necessary to update vbios.
Thank you.

Thanks. I meant the changelog from stock vbios to the newest one. I know that the v2 is only new tool as I had the same issue with it as other here. With v2 I have updated the vbios to the newest one . I assume that it can resolve issues on other Motherboard that those from Asus.