cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4090 Strix OC vBios Update Error

speeduae
Level 7
Am having a problem updating the vbios of my strix oc 4090 to V1 that was published on the 24th of Oct on the 4090 strix oc support page - after executing the vbios update file, i get this error "Get current version is null". I currently using windows 11 22h2 with 7950x and x670e extreme mobo (bios 0705). does anyone know how to solve this problem?

95916
711 Views
45 REPLIES 45

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi all,
For vbios update issue on 4090 card, may I have the following information?
- the serial numbers of the graphics card and motherboard(if it is also our product) via pm
- the bios version and bios settings
- the graphics driver version
- the brand and the model name of your CPU, RAM, PSU, OS drive and monitor
(Please check the specific ram model name like CORSAIR CMT64GX5M2X5600C40(Ver5.43.13).
- OS version and OS build
- a screenshot vbios version in GPU-Z
Thank you.


sent a pm with all the requested info. thanks alot for your support.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi all,
For vbios update issue on 4090 card, may I have the following information?
- the serial numbers of the graphics card and motherboard(if it is also our product) via pm
- the bios version and bios settings
- the graphics driver version
- the brand and the model name of your CPU, RAM, PSU, OS drive and monitor
(Please check the specific ram model name like CORSAIR CMT64GX5M2X5600C40(Ver5.43.13).
- OS version and OS build
- a screenshot vbios version in GPU-Z
Thank you.


Message sent thanks again for the support.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi all,
For vbios update issue on 4090 card, may I have the following information?
- the serial numbers of the graphics card and motherboard(if it is also our product) via pm
- the bios version and bios settings
- the graphics driver version
- the brand and the model name of your CPU, RAM, PSU, OS drive and monitor
(Please check the specific ram model name like CORSAIR CMT64GX5M2X5600C40(Ver5.43.13).
- OS version and OS build
- a screenshot vbios version in GPU-Z
Thank you.


Helping you to help us...

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi speeduae, zekkragnos and Apollo AsPy,
Thank you for your information.
I'll report your feedback to our tech team.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi speeduae, zekkragnos and Apollo AsPy,
Thank you for your information.
I'll report your feedback to our tech team.


Do we have any update on this? I saw that you guys removed the bios from the website so I'm wondering if a new one will be posted that fixes this problem?

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi all,
We will release new vbios update tool to solve the issue.
However, it would take some time to verify the tool.
Once the tool is ready, we will upload it again.
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi all,
We will release new vbios update tool to solve the issue.
However, it would take some time to verify the tool.
Once the tool is ready, we will upload it again.
Thank you.


why was the vBIOS removed in the first place? I updated my card… is it safe to run now with the new vBIOS?

sinmurv wrote:
why was the vBIOS removed in the first place? I updated my card… is it safe to run now with the new vBIOS?


didn't you see the post from the beginning? the .exe file wouldn't work and would error out. You could extract the file with 7zip and flash the rom manually but the file on the website wasn't working automatically.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi sinmurv,
Please rest assured if you have updated vbios successfully.
Thank you.

Updated bios was released, used it and it flashed it flawlessly. Also fixed the problem with the performance vbios defaulting to 90% power. Thank you Asus!