cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4090 Strix OC vBios Update Error

speeduae
Level 7
Am having a problem updating the vbios of my strix oc 4090 to V1 that was published on the 24th of Oct on the 4090 strix oc support page - after executing the vbios update file, i get this error "Get current version is null". I currently using windows 11 22h2 with 7950x and x670e extreme mobo (bios 0705). does anyone know how to solve this problem?

45 REPLIES 45

zekkragnos wrote:
has anyone found a fix for this? I'm getting the same error message when trying to update the bios.

so far no direct solution - its either manual flashing (which can have warranty impacts) or we wait for official solution by asus

speeduae wrote:
so far no direct solution - its either manual flashing (which can have warranty impacts) or we wait for official solution by asus

If I extract the official file from asus I can see the roms to flash in there, why would flashing an official firmware using nvflash void warranty?

zekkragnos wrote:
If I extract the official file from asus I can see the roms to flash in there, why would flashing an official firmware using nvflash void warranty?

they are using the same nvflash tool -- youll see it in the package -- however -- what if something went wrong in the manual process? you did the mistake -- warranty is gone. if you know what you are doing, i guess it would be ok

speeduae wrote:
they are using the same nvflash tool -- youll see it in the package -- however -- what if something went wrong in the manual process? you did the mistake -- warranty is gone. if you know what you are doing, i guess it would be ok

I ended up doing it for both performance and quiet mode and it fixed the issue I was having of having 90% power limit. Now it defaults to a 100% even when I restart.

I'm having this issue as well.

samerzayer
Level 7
speeduae wrote:
Am having a problem updating the vbios of my strix oc 4090 to V1 that was published on the 24th of Oct on the 4090 strix oc support page - after executing the vbios update file, i get this error "Get current version is null". I currently using windows 11 22h2 with 7950x and x670e extreme mobo (bios 0705). does anyone know how to solve this problem?

same issue here

techanalyst
Level 7
Also, which one to we manually update to if we update?

My OC Strix is on 95.02.18.00.51

Has anyone contacted ASUS about this issue directly? I will contact ASUS support directly seeing as this has not been resolved yet and noone from ASUS has addressed this post at all which is pretty important considering how expensive these cards are and the fact that the vbios update can directly affect their performance.

nytman7 wrote:
Has anyone contacted ASUS about this issue directly? I will contact ASUS support directly seeing as this has not been resolved yet and noone from ASUS has addressed this post at all which is pretty important considering how expensive these cards are and the fact that the vbios update can directly affect their performance.

I have a ticket opened with them about it. I know the bios they released on their website fixes the issue but the .exe that it gets downloaded doesn't work. I also mentioned that through an email. I've only heard back from them once but with no details. I just wish they would fix the .exe from the website so we can flash the bios and fix the problem. We need more people contacting them to hopefully make the process faster.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi all,
For vbios update issue on 4090 card, may I have the following information?
- the serial numbers of the graphics card and motherboard(if it is also our product) via pm
- the bios version and bios settings
- the graphics driver version
- the brand and the model name of your CPU, RAM, PSU, OS drive and monitor
(Please check the specific ram model name like CORSAIR CMT64GX5M2X5600C40(Ver5.43.13).
- OS version and OS build
- a screenshot vbios version in GPU-Z
Thank you.