cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4090 rog strix oc no video output after reboot, unless removing all power for a min

somewede
Level 7
Got a ROG Strix GeForce RTX® 4090 OC Edition 24GB GDDR6X today and i'm using it with Gigabyte X570S AORUS MASTER (rev. 1.0) motherboard. Latest bios.

Been gaming for prollly 5hrs nonstop and then rebooted PC. Led light on the GPU when PC is off but it's not giving any display output when i try to boot up the PC again, unless i remove power completely for a minute or so.. Then i boots up normally with video on the display. Anyone else know why this is? Bios failure or the card?

Using 2000w EVGA 80+ Gold PSU, Gskill CL14 3600MHz Ryzen 5950x. Tried resetting CMOS but nope. So gotta remove power completely every time i'm going to restart the system..
74 REPLIES 74

Just keeping this thread alive. I ordered a computer from one of those places that makes custom build computers. I had to send it back unfotunately because it did the exact same thing as decribed in this thread.

Both were Asus products: ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTXâ„¢ 4090 OC Edition 24GB GDDR6X & ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO.

I was very excited to get them because Ive always though Asus made great stuff. Anyway just to reiterate other people's issues, when I turned my computer on, the 4090 would work fine. It would send a signal to my monitor and display an image on my monitor. Also you could see it show up in the device manager. However, if you rebooted the computer, there would be no display from the card itself and no 4090 info in the device manager. Basically I would have to plug my HDMI cable into the motherboard's (AMD) HDMI port which always worked without fail.

I couldn't post intially waiting on the Mod's approval to post in the thread so I had no choice but to send it back. I hope Asus fixes is able to fix whatever issue it might be. I was using a 4.0 riser card. I'm pretty sure that was not the cause. Also I didn't have the 4090 card very long but I noticed the fan's would only spin on initial boot-up for a like 5 seconds. The middle fan spun the fastest while the other 2 fans hard spun at all. Not sure what is normal for the fans on boot-up. I"m pretty sure the motherboard was running bios version .705 if that matters. I thought about updating to .805 which was the newest at the time but it was under warranty and I didn't think it would help. Good luck to anyone dealing with this headache...My new computer in 14 years and I got this 😞

HomieTheClown wrote:
Just keeping this thread alive. I ordered a computer from one of those places that makes custom build computers. I had to send it back unfotunately because it did the exact same thing as decribed in this thread.

Both were Asus products: ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTXâ„¢ 4090 OC Edition 24GB GDDR6X & ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO.

I was very excited to get them because Ive always though Asus made great stuff. Anyway just to reiterate other people's issues, when I turned my computer on, the 4090 would work fine. It would send a signal to my monitor and display an image on my monitor. Also you could see it show up in the device manager. However, if you rebooted the computer, there would be no display from the card itself and no 4090 info in the device manager. Basically I would have to plug my HDMI cable into the motherboard's (AMD) HDMI port which always worked without fail.

I couldn't post intially waiting on the Mod's approval to post in the thread so I had no choice but to send it back. I hope Asus fixes is able to fix whatever issue it might be. I was using a 4.0 riser card. I'm pretty sure that was not the cause. Also I didn't have the 4090 card very long but I noticed the fan's would only spin on initial boot-up for a like 5 seconds. The middle fan spun the fastest while the other 2 fans hard spun at all. Not sure what is normal for the fans on boot-up. I"m pretty sure the motherboard was running bios version .705 if that matters. I thought about updating to .805 which was the newest at the time but it was under warranty and I didn't think it would help. Good luck to anyone dealing with this headache...My new computer in 14 years and I got this 😞

check your cards pcie carefully and make sure theres no cracks - i've seen these symptoms before on a cracked pcb near the pcie

Kirito1984 wrote:
check your cards pcie carefully and make sure theres no cracks - i've seen these symptoms before on a cracked pcb near the pcie

I sent it off to the computer place builder CyberPower PC and they replaced my video card with the MSI RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24GB card. They did this without asking for my permission. I specifically asked for the Asus Tuf OC version. Anyway with the different video card the computer STILL does the exact same thing. When it reboots the video card doesn't show up in the device manager and the only way to see the display is to plug the HDMI cable into the Motherboard's AMD HDMI port.

So frustrating. It's got to be the ASUS motherboard. On a side note, I would stay away from Cyberpower PC. I wrote a letter and placed it in the return package when I returned my computer explaining the exact problem. They appearently can't read because the computer is still doing the same thing....So mad....

razvan93
Level 7

I have an Asus Strix 533zs Laptop with 3080 mobile RTX and intel 12900h CPU and sometimes when I start it the display is black and I should restart it like 2 times to make it work.

cironio
Level 7

I have the exact same problem, any fixes?