cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4090 rog strix oc no video output after reboot, unless removing all power for a min

somewede
Level 7
Got a ROG Strix GeForce RTX® 4090 OC Edition 24GB GDDR6X today and i'm using it with Gigabyte X570S AORUS MASTER (rev. 1.0) motherboard. Latest bios.

Been gaming for prollly 5hrs nonstop and then rebooted PC. Led light on the GPU when PC is off but it's not giving any display output when i try to boot up the PC again, unless i remove power completely for a minute or so.. Then i boots up normally with video on the display. Anyone else know why this is? Bios failure or the card?

Using 2000w EVGA 80+ Gold PSU, Gskill CL14 3600MHz Ryzen 5950x. Tried resetting CMOS but nope. So gotta remove power completely every time i'm going to restart the system..
74 REPLIES 74

somewede
Level 7
wait. The V1 update bios got removed from support page.. Then this "new" vBios uplooaded today is actually just a renamed copy of the old one V1 that first got uploaded? "Your graphics card doesn't need a vbios update" error when starting it. Wtf? Yes it does.

Same issue here on my TUF 4090.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi COCOLELE,
Thank you for your reply.
Vbios v2 has been released as we received update issue with vbios v1.
Have you tried enabled CSM in bios but the issue is no change?
If you have sent the pc back to the store for diagnosis and the store can reproduce the restart issue but cannot resolve it, please send the motherboard and the graphics card to our RMA for further examination. Please also describe the issue in detail when issue RMA.
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi COCOLELE,
Vbios v2 has been released as we received update issue with vbios v1.
Have you tried enabled CSM in bios but the issue is no change?
If you have sent the pc back to the store for diagnosis and the store can reproduce the restart issue but cannot resolve it, please send the motherboard and the graphics card to our RMA for further examination. Please also describe the issue in detail when issue RMA.
Thank you.

Just wanted to update you on my case.

So i sent the pre-built computer back for service and they confirmed that my motherboard Asus X670e Hero was faulty, so they replaced it and everything should work now. They tried my GPU in another setup at it was fine.

I will get my computer this week so hopefully everything will be resolved. 😄

COCOLELE wrote:
Just wanted to update you on my case.

So i sent the pre-built computer back for service and they confirmed that my motherboard Asus X670e Hero was faulty, so they replaced it and everything should work now. They tried my GPU in another setup at it was fine.

I will get my computer this week so hopefully everything will be resolved. 😄

hey Cocolele,
Quick update: my problem was my GPU raiser cable that was only capable to handle GEN 3, not Gen 4.Â*
bought a new gen4 raiser cable which solved the problem.Â*

Hope your new rack works. Â*

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Ephant,
When it is no video output after restart, do you have to shutdown and replug 220V power cord(or switch PSU off and on) to get the video output? or there is video output after just shutdown and turn on again?
When it is no video output after restart, which qled on the motherboard is lit? (CPU [red], DRAM [yellow], VGA [white], Boot Device [yellow green]
If the issue also occurs with bios all default settings(no OC), please enable CSM in bios to see whether it still persists.
Does it also occur with other HDMI and DP port on the graphics card?
Please also try updating Vbios v2 and graphics driver v522.25 from our support site.
Thank you.

When it is no video output after restart, do you have to shutdown and replug 220V power cord(or switch PSU off and on) to get the video output? or there is video output after just shutdown and turn on again?

All options work.

If the issue also occurs with bios all default settings(no OC), please enable CSM in bios to see whether it still persists.

Still persists with default settings and CSM enabled.

Does it also occur with other HDMI and DP port on the graphics card?

HDMI, yes. Can't test DP right now since my LG TV doesn't have DP ports.

Please also try updating Vbios v2 and graphics driver v522.25 from our support site.

I'm on v1 (95.02.18.80.92) and it won't let me update to v2. Drivers I tried are 526.47 and 526.61.

I'll get back to you soon once I've checked the other things (older driver, LED).

Hardware
CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K
GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 4090 TUF (90YV0IE1-M0NA00) in PCI_E1 (PCIe 3.0 x16)
MB: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING EDGE AC (latest bios 7B17vAC)
RAM: 4x G.Skill Trident Z RGB DIMM 16GB, DDR4-3200, CL14-14-14-34 (F4-3200C14-16GTZR)
Monitor: LG OLED48C11LB
Let me know if you need anything else.

edit: I forgot to mention that the GPU doesn't show up in the device manager when it happens (checked it with my iGPU).

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Ephant,
Does the restart issue also occur in bios restart or only in windows restart?
Not sure if there is similar Q-LED function on MSI motherboard. Have you tried another PCIE slot but the issue persists?
Do you have other monitor to try DP connection and another HDMI cable to give it a try?
In addition to older driver, please install GPU Tweak from our support site to share the vbios version screenshot like below and screenshot of no GPU in device manager when the restart issue occurs.
May I have the serial number of the graphics card via pm and PSU model name?
Thank you.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi COCOLELE,
Thank you for your update.
Hope everything is good with you.

beryl
Level 8
SOLVED!, uninstalling ICUE. That's my problem, i don't know how affects to my ASUS 4090 the Corsair software but i've uninstalled and everything is fine now. No restarts with the card overcvlocked latest 24h...