cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0922 Bios for X670e Hero problems

Soupladel
Level 10
It seems the latest bios for the Asus X670e Hero motherboard is causing a lot of problems for some users.

I updated from 0805 to 0922 in the hopes of improving the performance but the system would blue screen on entering windows, the only way to get in was to have the BIOS at default, so no PBO or DOCP enabled.

I have 32Gb of dominator platinum ram that is on the QVL list but isnt expo, in some of the earlier revisions of the BIOS i experienced similar BSOD issues that seemed to stem from the RAM but it had been stable on 0805 so its really annoying the latest BIOS is problematic and far from improving performance, it made things much much worse so had to go back to 0805.

0922 also seems to make mention of it using a release candidate version of the Agesa patch which doesn't seem right and could be the cause of mine and others problems?
13 REPLIES 13

Soupladel
Level 10
For info, I have just tried the beta BIOS 0925 and it didnt help any, same problems were experienced, would only boot into windows when DOCP wasn't enabled

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, Soupladel.

Thank you for sharing the information and the problem update.

Please try to clear the CMOS to default the BIOS settings first, then try to exchange each memory to a different slot or install one memory in the recommended slot to test further.
Could you also provide a screenshot of the "the CPU had changed and the fTPM had been corrupted" error message?

Thank you.

Jiaszzz@ROG wrote:
Hello, Soupladel.

Thank you for sharing the information and the problem update.

Please try to clear the CMOS to default the BIOS settings first, then try to exchange each memory to a different slot or install one memory in the recommended slot to test further.
Could you also provide a screenshot of the "the CPU had changed and the fTPM had been corrupted" error message?

Thank you.

I have tried the RAM in different slots and it didnt make a difference, i have also tried two different kits of RAM with the same results. However, none of this explains why the system is stable on BIOS version 0805?

AS fore the message about the CPU has changed, i have never seen it again after flashing back to 0805 and then choosing to reset the fTPM as suggested in the message, what i will say was it was just plain white text on a black background and gave me the impression it was something that was appearing prior to the visible POST screen

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, Soupladel.

I have forwarded your CMO file to the appropriate departments for further review.

According to the ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO support page, the CMT32GX5M2X6000C36 and Corsair Dominator Platinum EXPO 64Gb kit seems not to be listed in the QVL list.
Could you please share the photos of all the memory modules, front and back, that you tried?

Meanwhile, please try install one memory module in the DIMM_B2 slot in BIOS 0922 with DOCP enabled and test if it can boot and enter OS.
And cross-test all the memory modules individually, if possible.
If "the CPU had changed and the fTPM had been corrupted" or any other error message appears again, please provide us as a reference.

Thank you.