cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z790 Maximus Hero + Gskill7800mhz CL36 Kit ?

PYRRMD
Level 8

Hi Everyone , I'm gettings hands on a 7800Mhz CL36 kit from Gskill but it's not listed on the QVL.

i wanted to know if i can turn XMP1 on and downgrade the Frequence to 7200mhz at least for smooth stability ? 

Or should i set timings / voltage manually as i don't know how to do ? 

Thanks a lot for your help , 

3 REPLIES 3

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator

Hi @PYRRMD 

I always recommend users purchase a kit present on the QVL for the frequency they're trying to run. Whilst reducing the frequency to 7200 is considered a less aggressive OC, nobody can answer that question assuredly if the vendor hasn't tested that particular kit. Remember, overclocking doesn't hold any assurances even if the kit is on the QVL as variance is always at play. These things are meant to give the user the best chance of success

On the other hand, nothing stops you from doing this. Just be mindful that manual tunning can often be necessary, and if you're uncomfortable tuning memory one should opt for a kit present on the QVL.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Hey and thanks for your reply ! 

Yes so it's considered as an inverted OC , right ? 

Also i already have a 6600mhz CL34 in my hands , if i wanna OC them to 7200mhz CL34 , can i use the timings of the already existant kit and adjust the Voltage would work ? 

i have 13600Kf SP 104 as cpu

It's a lower OC, but an OC none the less - should be easier to stabilise. I would still opt for a kit present on the QVL.

Thanks

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090