cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z790 Hero Contact Frame 13900k

murk00
Level 7
I am wanting to add a contact frame to my ASUS Z790 Hero. I am wanting to know if anyone has any suggestions on which frame will fit or if any of them do. I was watching Linus tech YouTube video with Jake PC adding one to the z790 hero. I just want to make sure because I have seen some posts some motherboards need longer screws.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.*
5 REPLIES 5

VRT
Level 8
murk00 wrote:
I am wanting to add a contact frame to my ASUS Z790 Hero. I am wanting to know if anyone has any suggestions on which frame will fit or if any of them do. I was watching Linus tech YouTube video with Jake PC adding one to the z790 hero. I just want to make sure because I have seen some posts some motherboards need longer screws.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.*

Hi I purchased the Thermaltake one for my Z790 Extreme (any for 12th/13th gen will work).

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

Currently using the Thermal Grizzly frame on the Z790 APEX with good results. 4 to 5 degree drop across all p cores.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent_Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello,

Currently using the Thermal Grizzly frame on the Z790 APEX with good results. 4 to 5 degree drop across all p cores.

Hi, do you needed longer screws to fit the TG frame? If yes, what kind of screws?
Thank you:)

@Seba555m wrote:
Silent_Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello,

Hi, do you needed longer screws to fit the TG frame? If yes, what kind of screws?
Thank you:)

No, the TG contact frame uses the Intel socket latch screws. Make sure to apply the correct amount of torque when installing, which is between 0.03 to 0.06Nm. Using more torque than is needed can result inproper contact, ranging from no POST to instability issues.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Scifell
Level 7

Hi-

I added the thermal grizzly to my strix z790-f, and am seeing really nice, low, thermals. I was worried about the screws too after seeing some reviews, but they sent longer screws in the package with the contact frame. I take it they started doing this after some complaints...?