cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690 Strix Gaming Undervolting Issues with Bios 1720 :confused:

tmodev
Level 7
Hello,

So I recently updated my bios to the newest version (1720) on my ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4 and noticed that my CPU is getting hotter than usual. I am running a 12900k with an undervolt which usually stays below 90°. However, with the new bios and the same configuration, my undervolt was not shown in HWInfo. Hence I downgraded again and my CPU is behaving as before.

So there might be some issues with the newest bios version 1720 and undervolting but also potentially OC. :confused:

Br
1 REPLY 1

carlisle97
Level 7
tmodev wrote:
Hello,

So I recently updated my bios to the newest version (1720) on my ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4 and noticed that my CPU is getting hotter than usual. I am running a 12900k with an undervolt which usually stays below 90°. However, with the new bios and the same configuration, my undervolt was not shown in HWInfo. Hence I downgraded again and my CPU is behaving as before.

So there might be some issues with the newest bios version 1720 and undervolting but also potentially OC. :confused:

Br

My Z690-P Prime D4 has the same problem on the latest BIOS 1620 (it's basically the same update but with different numbers for different mobo class). I reported it to Asus support but they replied with useless recommendation about BIOS and stability. Please, report this problem directly to them too, hopefully they'll fix it in the next release. They broke Global Core SVID Voltage [Adaptive Mode] and V/F Offset Points too, a tool like HWInfo is enough to prove it, you can look at VCore and even CPU Power usage to acknowledge this. Please Asus, have a look at this.