cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

z490-e(10700k) and z590-e(11700k) Both get the same style of bsods when xmp is enable

JackBishop
Level 7
When ever I enable xmp on both of those motherboard and cpu combos with both of those ram kits I own I get the exact same bsods.

The pc works fine, no issues during gaming. But after I shutdown and open my pc next day there is a chance that I will get a Memory_Management bsod when I'm starting my pc, during startup. This issue is exactly the same on both boards when pairing with the memory kits I mentioned.

If I change frequency to 3000 mhz on same xmp profile's the issue is fixed on both kits. I want to run 3200mhz however...

If I turn xmp off and manually set timing frequency and voltage to 16, 18, 18, 36 3200mhz and 1.35 volt. The issue still remains.

But if I only set frequency and voltage and not touch anything else. The pc seems to run fine. but the timings are auto set to 17, 18, 18, 36 so it wasn't running C16

What can this issue be?

Memory kits im using are CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 and CMW32GX4M4C3200C16
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
Not all memory kits will run at rated speeds on all CPUs since it's basically an overclock. They usually have a disclaimer on their website as well. As you found, reducing speed or loosening timings can help. Otherwise it's a process of tediously testing sub-timings and voltages to find a combination that is stable. You can try changing your kits around. The CPU that works OK with 4 sticks might work even better with 2 sticks, then you just have to figure out what is stable on the other system when you increase it to 4 sticks.

Sometimes you can use a RAM calculator to give you a head start on the manual tuning but I personally haven't had much luck. Kits that didn't want to cooperate just kept crashing.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Not all memory kits will run at rated speeds on all CPUs since it's basically an overclock. They usually have a disclaimer on their website as well. As you found, reducing speed or loosening timings can help. Otherwise it's a process of tediously testing sub-timings and voltages to find a combination that is stable. You can try changing your kits around. The CPU that works OK with 4 sticks might work even better with 2 sticks, then you just have to figure out what is stable on the other system when you increase it to 4 sticks.

Sometimes you can use a RAM calculator to give you a head start on the manual tuning but I personally haven't had much luck. Kits that didn't want to cooperate just kept crashing.

The 11700k natively supports 3200mhz, and one of those kits is 4x8 and other is 16x2 both are 16, 18, 18, 36 3200mhz. But both still get the exact same bsod.

I'm gonna try to run them 16, 20, 20, 38 3200mhz since some new corsair kits run this speed.

16, 20, 20, 38 is a better trade then 17cas over 16

I hope this fixes my issue.

I find it odd that I'm having identical xmp issues with 2 different cpus and mobos...

Abdulwahab
Level 7
i have same problem

I have a problem I can not activate X.M.P after change CPU
before I have i9 10900 with out k
It worked without a problem

after changing to i9 11900k
I can't activate on speed 3200hz

Ram speed only works 2933
After 3000 hz I cant boot my Pc

I need help about it my ram

I9 10900 I can active x.m.p witout any problem with max speed 3200

Now with my new cpu i9 11900k I cant boot my pc with x.m.p
If active x.m.p only work with 2933 hz
Professional Pc FPS Since 2008 And iam Playe Video Game Since 1994. Last Playe Console PS2 2006