cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winter Wonderland 2013

HiVizMan
Level 40
It is that time of the year when folks in the Northern Hemisphere are freezing their bollocks off.

And the lads and lasses in the South are out frolicking in the sun and surf.

But we are ROG can have just as much fun. How I hear you ask?

Why BENCHING of course.

The Benchmarks

Super Pi 32 Mil

Vantage

ROG Realbench V2

RULES

Same CPU frequency for all benchmarks.
No Sub-Zero benching don't want any frozen ROGers found in their rooms doing an Iceberg impersonation. 😄

Open HWmonitor for the entire benchmark. Clearly showing the min and max temperature.

CPUz showing Frequency, Motherboard and Memory

Remember if a result is to good to be true, it probably is!

All submissions must have the official screen which was once again provided by Chris. Big thank you.

Can be downloaded now. LINK

Contest starts on Thursday 9am UK time 5 December.

Contest ends Monday morning 9am UK time 6 Jan 2014

Three classes to compete in, you are welcome to compete in as many as you like.

AMD - Intel Mainstream - Intel Extreme
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.
676 REPLIES 676

meankeys
Level 13
No Gut's No Glory

I have been in VBios hell this past week. I was successful but every time I would run CF my frame rate went to chit. I finally got that all sorted out now with a test run that showed improvement from my last run @ 5278 MHz. Some really nice scores posted up guy’s real nice.

chrsplmr
Level 18
Mean .. yeow !!! .. nice 'come up' .. well played. [mines 22xxx].c.

Menthol
Level 14
Nice meankeys, you can disable the feature tests in Vantage to cut down on run time, very nice Graphics score

meankeys
Level 13
Thanks Menthol
Good to know. I started to use afterburner that seems to be working better than trix for me. Also I read dart talk about LOD settings may better your score. Is that more of a Nvidia setting than AMD?

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Great!!

Nodens...if your 3930 only does 4.5 at reasonable voltage you'd only need 4.2 or 4.3 out of a 4930K to match what you have, performance wise....I'd be tempted to look at IB-E

I know. That's the only reason I'm looking at it. If I had an above average 3930K I would not bother. 😉

meankeys wrote:
Thanks Menthol
Good to know. I started to use afterburner that seems to be working better than trix for me. Also I read dart talk about LOD settings may better your score. Is that more of a Nvidia setting than AMD?

It's not Nvidia specific. Read this to understand LOD:http://www.beyond3d.com/content/articles/69/

Ask if you have any questions afterwards:)
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Nice meankeys! I would disable the feature tests too...not needed for the score.

LOD...I think works for AMD too...http://hwbot.org/newsflash/2368_adjust_lod_on_amdati_graphics_cards_on_the_fly_with_quicklod

HiVizMan
Level 40
Or you could just use the Elmor LOD6b tool.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

meankeys
Level 13
Thanks Arne
I was not sure if we were allowed to change any of the settings or if they would effect the score.

How can I tell if my memory and page file are setup properly in XP for wazza? if I go to computer then properties it reads 600 total. I will post a sceeny of my task manager performance tab later when I get time to play .

Viz cant seem to find anything on that LOD6b tool by Elmor ty

meankeys wrote:
or if they would effect the score.

Affecting the score is the whole point hehe 😉

HiVizMan
Level 40
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3sw3jsiwcbrzh46/SetLODb6.rar