cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winter Wonderland 2013

HiVizMan
Level 40
It is that time of the year when folks in the Northern Hemisphere are freezing their bollocks off.

And the lads and lasses in the South are out frolicking in the sun and surf.

But we are ROG can have just as much fun. How I hear you ask?

Why BENCHING of course.

The Benchmarks

Super Pi 32 Mil

Vantage

ROG Realbench V2

RULES

Same CPU frequency for all benchmarks.
No Sub-Zero benching don't want any frozen ROGers found in their rooms doing an Iceberg impersonation. 😄

Open HWmonitor for the entire benchmark. Clearly showing the min and max temperature.

CPUz showing Frequency, Motherboard and Memory

Remember if a result is to good to be true, it probably is!

All submissions must have the official screen which was once again provided by Chris. Big thank you.

Can be downloaded now. LINK

Contest starts on Thursday 9am UK time 5 December.

Contest ends Monday morning 9am UK time 6 Jan 2014

Three classes to compete in, you are welcome to compete in as many as you like.

AMD - Intel Mainstream - Intel Extreme
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.
676 REPLIES 676

HiVizMan wrote:
1.84 for short periods are good and do have a delta type fan pointing at the ram....

Yes I want to know this too, just got 2 Titons today very cheap too from a forum classifieds in the UK.

Thanks to you too Viz...that sounds about right....I have fans blowing on everything....just to be doubly sure..

The BIOS gave a nice result....certainly my PB! Posted on Bot and I got 35th global GPU 😄

This thread is great for the skinny on doing the flash and has a nice utility for doing it...http://www.overclock.net/t/1363440/nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-owners-club

Though in the end I have gone with a different unlocked BIOS...http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia-video-cards/3454-nvidia-gtx-titan-modified-vbios-more-control-be... . I tried both the skyn3t and the svl7 and the second BIOS is better for me by a bit. The first is an EVGA BIOS, modified and the second a copy of the very same ASUS BIOS, modified; For me, despite the fact these cards are all reference the BIOS that matches my brand seems to work better....

I have left LLC alone for now.

HiVizMan wrote:
And a year ago you would have looked at this paragraph you wrote and gone WTF is this μαλάκας on about. 😄 😄 Good advice and solid method.
Thanks Vizman, right to the point ....and lol, good Greeks mate :DMerry Christmas to everyone! Now I have to bench for tonight's dinner 😄

nikosa43 wrote:
Sure mate 🙂 see the screens I have posted with memtweakit http://rog.asus.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=31332&d=1387570573. Set everything in default in BIOS. Do your settings for a CPU clock and reboot. Set XMP 1and reboot. Set your VCCSA 1.20 and Dram to 1.84 from 1.65(auto). Check your VCCIO if it is 1.25 and reboot. Set your ram frequency to 2666 and reboot. Now, you will be at 2666 9,10,10,31 T2 all other settings auto. Start with T2-->T1 and reboot. Then go to Latency Boundary and start from auto --->8, reboot and check stability. If ok reduce by one. Usually samsungs can go down to 6. Then you can start tighten rest of the timmings as in the screen.

I'm having trouble getting my set to reach 2666, however I'm on the maximus 5 gene now. On the extreme I have got them up to2808Mhz(just pure Mhz, loose timings) TridentX all have samsung IC's, they have two different types of samsung IC's though. The good ones have HCH9 IC's and the not as good one some other ones that I can't remember what they're called atm. Mine are the not so good ones. You can tell the difference by looking at the numbers on the sticks.

Se how it says 1314 then 1500, that's the bad batch. If it says 2500 you're in luck and it's the samsung HCH9 IC's.

This is the samsung tight profile that I've messed with abit. Gives ok score in memtweakit but don't know if it's suited for SuperPi.

Retired
Not applicable
Overclocking time out..

Its Christmas today, and i wish everyone a super ramped up xmas...........

Retired
Not applicable
Its Christmas today**, and i wish everyone a super ramped up xmas...........

** in some parts of the world

HiVizMan
Level 40
You too Paw.

Arne thanks mate I will see what I can push with the cards. Not going to challenge you I am sure.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Happy Christmas Paw!!:D....cooking cranberry sauce here...

LOL Viz not for a second do I believe that 😄

Menthol
Level 14
Arne the throttling was fixed by matching the processor with the board, a SB-E does not work well on a RIVBE board.

Menthol
Level 14
Merry Christmas Eve here 76 degrees F in S. Cali. Here's some heat for you

Vantage = 59866

Skyn3t's PO state bios

twisted1
Level 12
I was planing on upgrading to X79 and Ivy-E, but when I saw the poor OC results everyone was getting I changed my mind. Looking at your OC results makes me wonder if I might go the X79 route after all. I've seen alot of "famous" benchers not getting more than 4600-4800Mhz and they've tried 3-4 different cpus. Nice to see what Ivy-E can do in the hands of a real ROG bencher. Nice to see you pushing the mem to, and the temps are great. Most others claim heat problems. They're not Menthol though 🙂

If Ivy-E is anything like Ivy you don't have to be shy on the Vcore when it comes to the really high OC's. And Ivy it can take more voltage then sandy if I'm correctly informed.

Would be interesting to see how high it will go in pure Mhz. My Ivy scales GREAT with with chilled(by nature) water, 5500Mhz no problem and that's with only about 8C watertemp and 360+480xtx rads(can't wait for -20C). Of course I have Paw's super secret dual D5 setup running on full blast, insane flow it says in the classified whitepaper that came with it 😉

And a very merry X-mas to all my ROG brothers!