cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winter Wonderland 2013

HiVizMan
Level 40
It is that time of the year when folks in the Northern Hemisphere are freezing their bollocks off.

And the lads and lasses in the South are out frolicking in the sun and surf.

But we are ROG can have just as much fun. How I hear you ask?

Why BENCHING of course.

The Benchmarks

Super Pi 32 Mil

Vantage

ROG Realbench V2

RULES

Same CPU frequency for all benchmarks.
No Sub-Zero benching don't want any frozen ROGers found in their rooms doing an Iceberg impersonation. 😄

Open HWmonitor for the entire benchmark. Clearly showing the min and max temperature.

CPUz showing Frequency, Motherboard and Memory

Remember if a result is to good to be true, it probably is!

All submissions must have the official screen which was once again provided by Chris. Big thank you.

Can be downloaded now. LINK

Contest starts on Thursday 9am UK time 5 December.

Contest ends Monday morning 9am UK time 6 Jan 2014

Three classes to compete in, you are welcome to compete in as many as you like.

AMD - Intel Mainstream - Intel Extreme
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.
676 REPLIES 676

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Thanks meankeys...(Menthol's Tis are bad azzer lol) I think this comp has brought out close to the best in all our hardware

meankeys
Level 13
Arne.... Just think what it will do when Hiviz sends you that new cpu 🙂 Arne you and Nik certainly worked the hardest in this comp and your findings have helped me a boat load. ty - I snared a xfx 7950 on ebay from a guy in the UK FOR $85 GBP It was sold as defective I am hoping a bios flash will fix it and I will be able to run a tri setup. will keep you posted.

Dart I cant find that thread you started about the PSC memory? I have a tri pi kit I bought on ebay awhile back and have been doing some testing. I wanted to post my findings in that thread. I cant get it to run @ 1800 mhz (6-8-8-6) (linkage pls)

meankeys wrote:
xfx 7950 on ebay from a guy in the UK FOR $85 GBP

Hmm nice...at least I hope it's just BIOS needs flashing would be good...let's wish you new years new luck on that 😉

Dart's thread http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?41995-Benching-RAM-for-RIVE-and-Ivy-E

meankeys
Level 13
Got it... Thanks Arne

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
In the end I think it's my RIVE that has burned so I'm retiring from the comp as I have to send it off....it's been great. Out with the old in with the new...I guess today. Happy New Year all!

😄

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
In the end I think it's my RIVE that has burned so I'm retiring from the comp as I have to send it off....it's been great. Out with the old in with the new...I guess today. Happy New Year all!

😄

Arne say it isn't so, not the M/B, I go back to work tomorrow, if I get time this weekend maybe I will see if I can improve some scores, but I am not betting on that happening

nikosa43
Level 12
Happy New Year to all guys. Arne, I hope everything work out with the best way and the New Year to bring good health and happiness to everyone.

meankeys
Level 13
Well said Nik I second that for sure.
Arne tuff brake buddy I hope it works out in your favor.

meankeys
Level 13
Well said Nik I second that for sure.
Arne tuff brake buddy I hope it works out in your favor.

Dartmaul
Level 12
From the new year, I wish you guys the best of luck and all your dreams to come true!
Happy new year!