cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winter Wonderland 2013

HiVizMan
Level 40
It is that time of the year when folks in the Northern Hemisphere are freezing their bollocks off.

And the lads and lasses in the South are out frolicking in the sun and surf.

But we are ROG can have just as much fun. How I hear you ask?

Why BENCHING of course.

The Benchmarks

Super Pi 32 Mil

Vantage

ROG Realbench V2

RULES

Same CPU frequency for all benchmarks.
No Sub-Zero benching don't want any frozen ROGers found in their rooms doing an Iceberg impersonation. 😄

Open HWmonitor for the entire benchmark. Clearly showing the min and max temperature.

CPUz showing Frequency, Motherboard and Memory

Remember if a result is to good to be true, it probably is!

All submissions must have the official screen which was once again provided by Chris. Big thank you.

Can be downloaded now. LINK

Contest starts on Thursday 9am UK time 5 December.

Contest ends Monday morning 9am UK time 6 Jan 2014

Three classes to compete in, you are welcome to compete in as many as you like.

AMD - Intel Mainstream - Intel Extreme
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.
676 REPLIES 676

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yes, it's nice to see IB-E clocking...gives one hope....maybe the later chips will be worth buying

Great score Menthol....great GPU clocks!

Twisted1 I have that setup and white paper too 😄

nikosa43
Level 12
Maybe you are right. Mine is the 2500, but Gskill change them all the time. Don't bother so much to reach high numbers in memtweakit. Use it to change settings on the fly and test spi. Only this, will tell you if you got some gains. Don't try to find the tightest timmings. Sometimes something more relaxed but well combined makes miracles 🙂

Great nikosa, I've seen alot of people running the HCH9 version @2800 on XMP timings.

Check this, these are generic samsung HCH9, rated @1333

twisted1 wrote:
Great nikosa, I've seen alot of people running the HCH9 version @2800 on XMP timings.Check this, these are generic samsung HCH9, rated @133331533
Thanks mate :). I have made extensive testing but my IMC can't go to 2800, seems to stop at 2740. But I 'll give it a try with these settings.

Dartmaul
Level 12
twisted1 try to drop tWCL and most of the 3th timings, it would cut off few seconds from superpi.

And give da mem some volts!

meankeys
Level 13
Some great numbers posted up tonight 🙂

Everyone have a Merry Christmas
I hope Santa leaves everyone some nice hardware in there stockings

Menthol
Level 14
CPU @ 4875 Memory @ 2666

RB = 108895

SPI = 6m 46.940s

Vantage = 58948

HiVizMan
Level 40
Nice going lads, and good scores posted up Menthol.

Quick question guys how uptodate is the google document I shared? Can take it as given that you are all updating that document as soon as you post scores up.

Want to have a provisional leader board up.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Dartmaul
Level 12
Finally, Menthol has same CPU as I have... and it seems that my efficiency if better)
That sweet sweet taste) 😛

Menthol
Level 14
Yes Dart your efficiency is way better, hat's off to you, I am struggling with it somewhat and can't wait to go back to SB-E

Viz, yes sir would be nice to see standings, need to know how to eak off a win over Dart