cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 Home Premium question

Budco2000
Level 7
I know this probably don't belong here and someone will probably bitch, but I'm on my phone typing this and don't feel like searching a bunch of windows forums on my galaxy note. Here's my question.

(1) I have the ASUS G75VW laptop with Windows 7 home premium 64bit. If I wanna get rid of the bloatware and run a fresh copy of window 7 home premium and I download the ISO (English x64 windows 7 home premium) from digital river, will the new install accept the genuine windows product key sticker on the bottom of my laptop.

(2) Do I just burn the ISO to a DVD and install from there?
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
1) yes, if it is the OEM ISO
2) Yes, as long as you use a burning program that makes it bootable. It's been a while since I needed to do this so I'm not sure if the fact that it is an image takes care of that or if you need to tick a box. Media is cheap so just burn it and if it doesn't work then look deeper.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

ganji
Level 13
aslong as u burn the iso to disc it should be bootable. or use this to make a bootable win 7 usb flash drive http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool
if ur key does'nt work u can activate over the phone via an automated system

Great, Thanks a lot